Lord of the Rings

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
Now you know what I dream of.....:big_grin:

I always used to prefer The Chronicles of Narnia to the Lord of the Rings, but the movies have DEFINITELY increased my appreciation for the novels....Then I decided to reread them, and now I regard the books as being SO much better than the movies...But I still do lo love the movies so! (Hera, I've been in love w/Faramir from the moment I read the books the first time at 13!)
I was so happy after I saw the added scenes in Two Towers that made Farimir come off so much better. And in Return of the King he was just as I thought he should be. Sam has always been my main squeeze, but Pippin's always been hot on his heels. After the films, I'm afraid Pippin may have caught up at last... :flirt: (Well, after all, Sam *is* spoken for. :wink: )

Lord of the Rings has always been my favorite book - well, technically The Hobbit first, but I lump them together :stick_out_tongue: - but I like the Chronicles of Narnia very much. I'm eager to see how the film turns out. I'm immensely pleased with the film version of Lord of the Rings. It is far better than I could ever have hoped at the outset. And of course there is tons of material that didn't make it into the movie, but what an unbelievable adaptation. I might even go so far as to say - may Tolkien forgive me - that I like the movies *as much as* the books. High praise indeed.
Erin

dmx10101

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I can't get into The Matrix at all, but I am, for some reason, riveted by Agent Smith. It's gotta be Hugo Weaving. He is the absolute perfect Elrond; the absolutely subtlety with which he conveys his true feelings is exquisite. If he can pull off Elrond so masterfully, I guess I shouldn't be surprised he can mesmerize me in The Matrix, even as the arch-enemy.
Erin
Actually, I have never seen any LOTR's movies, but by the thousands of previews I have seen, It just doesn't seem to interest me at all. But everybody has their own taste I guess.

Party_Animal

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the extended version(s) of The Fellowship and/or The Two Towers? My father go them for me a couple days ago and they're REALLY good. :big_grin: There is a few things from the book added to the Fellowship. Like the Wood Elves in the begining when Frodo and Sam had just left Hobbiton. Though I would have liked to have seen them put Tom Bombadil in the movies. I think that would have been funny. :zany:

jediX

Reaction score
Yea, I have the Fellowship box set (the one w/ the statuette Argonath) and that makes the film much better -- it goes into Gollum a LOT more than the theatrical release.

Oh, and supposedly those flyers are called Fell Beasts (just had someone look it up for me :wink:)

rexcrk

Reaction score
:big_grin: :big_grin: :smile: I'm a HUGE Lord of the Rings fan! When I was younger I was into the books, the animated movies, and the BBC audio tapes. In fact, to this day I still listen to the audio tapes before I go to sleep. I know a lot about LotR, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask! :halo: Oh, btw, I've got both Extended Editions (the Fellowship that came with the bookends, and the Two Towers that came with the Sméagol statue) and they're much better than the theatrical releases. :sing:

jediX

Reaction score
Yea, they are. I can't wait to get the box set 2 Towers for my birthday next month :big_grin:

jediX

Reaction score
Anywho, what's the next topic?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I got both the extended editions for Christmas (last year and this year), but without the bookends or statue. I wouldn't mind having the Gollum statue. Pretty cool. I discovered to my dismay that the Sam and Bill statue I liked so much is all sold out and they're not making more... :frown:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score