Loretta Long Struck by a Car

Convincing John

Reaction score
I found this out on the Tough Pigs Forum. Loretta Long (Susan) was hit by a car and she's in the hospital (in stable condition).

You can read the article here:

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2010/02/sesame_street_actress_struck_b.html

First up, keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Second...is there any way we can forward our get well wishes to her? Can we send cards or emails to Sesame Workshop? (If those who work on Sesame Street read our posts, I hope they find this thread and let her know we care about her!)

If I knew for sure Sesame Workshop would do it, I'd send them my get well card and ask 'em to forward it. Would they do it?

Convincing John

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Geez... it was my dad last month and now "Susan" this month... what's this world coming to?

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's the problem.. turning WITH the light... a lot of the time, the drivers don't even seem to care that the opposite light also signals people walking in the other direction... sometimes, even when they have the walk light.

The only thing that gives us any hope in this is that she seems to be recovering. It would have been a real shame to have lost another SS cast member so soon after Alaina Reed Hall.

zns

Reaction score
Our love goes out to Loretta in the hopes that she will get well soon. God bless. :frown:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Wow- definitely sad to hear this. But praise The Lord she's recovering and seems to be doing okay so far. I said a prayer for her- God bless.:concern:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Poor Loretta! I hope she's going to be OK :frown:

She's 71? Man how time moves...

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Geez... it was my dad last month and now "Susan" this month... what's this world coming to?
So sorry Snowth. I hope your dad has been recovering well since last month and I pray "Susan" is also going to be fine.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
That's terrible! It's great knowing that Loretta's okay. I hope all the Sesame Street cast is thinking about her and she's in their prayers. :sympathy: