1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"Lost"'s Jorge Garcia's favorite Muppet

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by peyjenk, Feb 7, 2008.

1. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

On the "Stargazing" page of today's Kansas City Star, there is an excerpt from a Variety interview with Jorge Garcia (Hurley on Lost). One of the questions they asked him was "Who is your inner Muppet?"

And his answer? Sweetums!

The Star fills in the gaps for non-Muppet fans by describing Sweetums as "the giant who tried to clobber Kermit while singing 'froggy woggy woggy gonna get it now!'". Which, as we all know, is a reference to The Frog Prince.

I just thought this was fun, and it was a nice unexpected bit of Muppetyness in my morning. :excited:
  2. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

Even more of a reason for them to release the frog prince on dvd!
  3. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

That's amazing! Thanks for sharing. He's one of my favourite characters on Lost and Sweetums is the perfect choice for him!
  4. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

That right there is the reason why i love jorge garcia hahah thats funny that he would remember something like that from such a long time ago
  5. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

Wow...I've got to tell my friend that (he really likes Lost). That's really cool that a celebrity actually knows such an obscure peice of Muppet trivia.

(He kind of looks like Sweetums, doesn't he?)