1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Lost Swedish Chef sketch

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by KPrell, Apr 25, 2003.

1. KPrell

KPrell New Member

Hey, does anyone remember seeing a Swedish Chef sketch about ratatouille? It would have been in the fifth season of the Muppet Show. We shot it as a last minute filler and I had a little part in it.

I don't remember ever seeing it in a show and I'm sure I've seen them all, though not all the UK bits. A few little odds and ends that were shot never got used. I won't describe it yet - I'll see if anyone else remembers it first.

Jog any memories?

- Karen :excited:
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Hey, K nice to have you back here. Havn't seen you for a while around here. :excited:

Never heard about it but I persum that it had Rizzo in it?
  3. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Nope I havent seen it.
    I look forward to hear about it.
  4. Joggy

Joggy Member

Wow, I feel so honoured! "Jog, any memories?" as if I were on the set at the time!!

*scratches head*

I really think it IS a Lost Sketch. It doesn't seem to appear anywhere in the series, and not in the UK spots either.

My guess is that it was originally taped for the Joan Baez episode?? That was the one where the rats wanted to take over the world and Rizzo made an appearance in Pigs in Space...

Sounds like it woulda been a cool sketch though - could you describe it for us, Karen?
    :excited:
  5. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

Wow, Another clip that we need to find !

I wonder where it would be or how we should start looking for it?

Glad to see you back Karen !

see ya
  6. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

If you have the book "Of Muppets and Men" you will see a sketch of Swedish Chef!
    from
    BARRY LEE
  7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Hiya, Karen! Glad to see you popping up again! "Hey" to Mike.

What is a "ratatouille?"

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole would know if anybody did. I'm sure of it. Or maybe Chilly Down. Might you email them?

Kev le Foz
  8. arfies

arfies New Member

Karen, speaking of "ratatouille," did you do any animating for Pixar on that cool movie?

Sadly, I've never heard of the clip either, but it would've been fun to see the Swedish Chef's interpretation of it. Any rats involved? :excited:
  9. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I think it's safe to say that it never aired. None of he Swedish Chef's sketches appeared as UK spots (though he was in at least one UK spot, where the Chef, Beaker, and Animal sing Danny Boy).
  10. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

11. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

I've never heard of such a sketch... hopefully we might be able to find it on the season five set!
  12. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Did someone call my name?

Hi Karen et al! Glad to join the discussion, and sorry that I only just discovered it. I have seen (and have copies of) all of the uncut episodes, and I have never seen it, either. I think it is a "lost sketch".

HOWEVER, I think I've deduced from which episode it was cut. Karen, these were the episodes you were credited on/mentioned working on:

- Glenda Jackson
    - Senor Wences
    - Roger Moore
    - Jean-Pierre Rampal
    - Paul Simon
    - Linda Ronstadt
    - Tony Randall
    (- Gene Kelly: you once mentioned that you worked on the crowd scene for the finale)

Based on the above list, I'd bet ANYTHING that the sketch was intended for the Jean-Pierre Rampal episode, given that:
    1) ratatouille is a French dish, and
    2) Jean-Pierre Rampal was Season 5's only French guest star

Anyone else think this is probably accurate?

NOW can we hear about it, Karen?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
    Muppet fan 123 and Phillip like this.
  13. Scooterforever

Scooterforever Active Member

Wow, Karen Prell actually posted on Muppet Central? Cool! Anyway, yes, I agree with Gorgon, it is probably from the Jean-Pierre Rampal episode. I loved the Pied Piper number.
  14. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

Ratatouille is a French Provençal vegetable stew dish (the full name of the dish is ratatouille niçoise) originating in Nice, France.

Its traditional ingredients include: tomatoes, garlic, onions, zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, and may include such herb combinations as marjoram and basil, bay leaves and thyme, or a mixture of Herbes de Provence, which may contain such herbs as savory, fennel, basil, thyme, and lavender leaves et al.

Ratatouille can be prepared by sauteéing, layering the ingredients together as a casserole, or simmering in a large cooking pot. It is usually served as a side dish, but it can be served as an entreé, accompanied by pasta, rice or bread.