LOST: Through The Looking Glass (WATCH IT!)

Frogster

Reaction score
This is the title of tonight's season finale, which belongs to Jack's 'flashback' (I'll get to that later)

I wish I didn't do this, but I read all the spoilers for tonight's finale, and it's good. No, it's REALLY good. I mean, better than when Walt was taken in the first finale. I'm not just saying this because these hints were dropped weeks ago. A lot comes to play this evening... to help you catch up, let me go on:

Juliet, the blonde woman who works with the Others, was asked a few weeks back to act as a mole in the Lostie's camp, and find out which of the women were pregnant, because Ben and the Others are coming to take them. And for those of you who were aware, Locke was finally asked to join Them, so he can go on pursuing his destiny. However, Ben told him that they were planning on taking the women from his former camp, and he told Sawyer, and also gave him the tape recorder he stole that had Ben's instructions for Juliet, telling her to mark the pregnant women's tents because they are coming soon.
When Sawyer comes back with the tape, the camp believes that not only is Juliet still the enemy, but Jack's working with her. But Jack tells the camp that she told him what she was doing, and they were working on a plan to take care of the Others once and for all. They found Rousseau, the French chick, and she got as much dynamite as she could, and they are going to fill the tents that Juliet is supposed to mark with dynamite, so that when they show up, they'll blow them all to the afterlife.
Meanwhile, Naomi, the girl who just parachuted onto the island with a radio telephone, says that she's with Penny- Desmond's girlfriend that he left behind before he came upon the island 3 years ago- and that their rescue boat is only 18 miles offshore. As some people know, Desmond, since the explosion of the hatch, has been having visions, and one of his visions led him to find Naomi. However, any attempt to contact her people is being jammed because there is a hatch in the water called the Looking Glass that is blocking all the transmissions that try and go to and from the island. So, somebody needs to go to this station, flick a switch and shut it off, so that they can be rescued. Jack will have Rousseau lead the camp up to the radio tower to try and make contact off the island, while Sayid, Jin and Bernard stay behind to take care of the Others.
Unfortunately, Desmond, in his vision, sees Charlie doing all these things, and then drowning. Des says that this time Charlie has to die or else no one will get rescued. Charlie decides to face the music and volunteers to swim to the station and shut it off then swim back out. He makes a list of the five greatest moments of his life, hands them to Des to give to Claire, and goes underwater, and when he gets inside, he finds that the Others are guarding it, and he may not be able to flick the switch...
After Locke finds a way for Sawyer to kill his terrible father, he brings the body back to Ben, who told him that until his father is dead, he will not be allowed to join them and understand the secrets of the island. Mikhail, the guy with the eyepatch, alerts the Others about Naomi and that they need to go and get the women ASAP. Instead, Ben reluctantly shows Locke where Jacob lives, and Jacob even talks to Locke... later on, Ben shows Locke where all the people from the Dharma Initiative were laid to rest, and then shoots Locke, because Jacob talked to him, and Ben doesn't want to lose his position among the Others. Ben returns to the Other's camp, and tells them that they need to leave now.

Okay, that took way too long, but if you actually read up to this point, I can give you hints as to what will be resolved tonight...

You will see Sayid, Jin, and Bernard's plan go into action against the Others; also, you'll see what happened to Locke after Ben left him for dead; plus, Ben and Jack will face off once more. And finally, we'll see tonight whether or not Charlie lives; more importantly, lives long enough to flick the switch to save everyone on the island.

In short... watch Lost, tonight on ABC! It's the two-hour season finale that starts an hour earlier than normal. It'll be awesome!

travellingpat

Reaction score
I. CANT. WAIT.

i read the spoilers too and the Snake in the Mailbox sounds amazing...haha

only about 3 hrs to go!

Leyla

Reaction score
It's playing right now here... pretty exciting so far!

Frogster

Reaction score
Holy crap... so does this mean that everything we've seen on the island is also a flashback? And also, are the Losties doen with fighting the Others for good? Everybody really shined through tonight, and that was so sad seeing Charlie die, but he did one last awesome thing before passing on. It's a shame that we have to wait 9 months before we see what follows. Great season, all around!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I'm soooo sad that I have to wait until 2008 for new episodes of LOST. I'm quite obsessed with it. I thought the finale was extremely depressing, and losing Charlie was awful, though I was glad that if he had to go it was in a blaze of glory. Still, it seems like he should've been able to get out of that room safely, and the only reason he didn't was because he was convinced if he died Claire would get rescued. But what if Desmond misinterpreted the vision? What if the helicopter was a bad thing? Gah... Such a long wait... Meanwhile, I'm wearing the Driveshaft ring that came with my Charlie figure on a chain around my neck in a gesture of memorial and hoping to write a lot more LOST-related poetry soon. The show's been quite the inspiration for me lately...
Erin

travellingpat

Reaction score
The finale was AMAZING

it was probably the best one yet, does Mikhail ever die? i hope not, hes one of my favorite characters..

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I am a steadfast Mikhail fan. Or was, until he killed Charlie. Now I feel rather betrayed after insisting all this time that he wasn't so bad after all...
Erin