LOTR Trilogy Tuesday - Anybody going?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Well, I'm off to the doctor's for a quick appointment and then going to LOTR "Trilogy Tuesday" - twelve hours of hobbits, elves, coke, popcorn, sticky floors and guys dressed up like Orcs.

Though I love the movies and books I'm actually not even that big a fan of LOTR, but my 10 year-old step son was dying to go and there was no way his Mom was going to take him. It was insanely expensive - $100 plus whatever we spend on food for two of us - but it is a "once in a lifetime event" after all. There's a Tolkien convention in town so we're expecting to see a few costumed folks.

Anybody else going in their town?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Wow, that's so cool! I wish we were going. I don't think Erie has one, though, I haven't heard anything about it. And, anyway, I have to work 8 and a half hours today. Bleah. But I'm sure you'll have a great time! :big_grin:
Erin

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i doubt i could sit in a movie theater for 12 hours. 3 hours yes, but not 12. but it sounds like you're going to have a fun time. i'd be kind of scared of those people who dress up liek the characters from the movie. then again, i'd be scared of people who would sit for 12 hours in those movies, spending a whole bunch of money on tickets and food. that's not me. but i will see the third movie tomorrow sometime.

ryan

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I wanted to dress up for the movies, but I never have. Too complicated, I guess. And rather uncomfortable, too, I'd imagine. When I was Bilbo for Halloween, I was very uncomfortable - mostly because of the pillow stuffed up my shirt. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
care to show any pictures of that night with the rest of us?!!!!

ryan

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I wanted to dress up for the movies, but I never have. Too complicated, I guess. And rather uncomfortable, too, I'd imagine. When I was Bilbo for Halloween, I was very uncomfortable - mostly because of the pillow stuffed up my shirt. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin
LOL! :big_grin: Erin, you must've been the CUTEST lil' Bilbo!!! (Like, pinch-the-cheeks, Pooh-Bear cute!!! :big_grin: )

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
LOL! :big_grin: Erin, you must've been the CUTEST lil' Bilbo!!! (Like, pinch-the-cheeks, Pooh-Bear cute!!! :big_grin: )
:embarrassed: Aw, thanks! That was back in fifth grade. It was a great costume! It *was* quite warm, but nowhere near as roasting as my first grade Ewok costume! :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Manda:-D

Reaction score
:big_grin: Hehe...Sounds like you've had some interesting Halloween costumes! But, hey, one year for Halloween, I was a present! :big_grin:

My lil' bro James LOVED Trilogy Tuesday, by the way! He & some friends are in the paper, & somebody from theonering.net ALSO took pictures of them! (James was dressed as a Gondorian Ranger...Surrounded by Elven maidens!)

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Oh, wow, that's so cool, Manda! We had a guy on the front page of our paper who made his own Aragorn costume, complete with chain mail armor that weighed 20 pounds. At last year's premiere of Two Towers, he proposed to the woman who is now his wife. :flirt:
Erin