Louise Gold's credit in TMS Season Two

David French

Reaction score
It seems we may be wrong about Lousie Gold being uncredited for her work on Season Two of TMS. The following is a digital photo of the end credits from the Elton John episode on the recent DVD release.

This is the UK left-hand credits and I wonder if she was credited on this version *only*. If anyone has off-air copies of season two episodes that feature Louise and have the left-hand credits, perhaps they could check the tapes and see if she's credited or not.

peyjenk

Reaction score
I noticed that, too, back when I was watching my season 2 set this summer.

I've often wondered why sometimes the credits would be to the left and sometimes in the center, and why sometimes the guest star is credited and sometimes they are not. You say it has something to do with the difference between the UK and US? Why the difference? And on the DVD sets, why do some episodes have one while others have the... well, other?

David French

Reaction score
I noticed that, too, back when I was watching my season 2 set this summer.

I've often wondered why sometimes the credits would be to the left and sometimes in the center, and why sometimes the guest star is credited and sometimes they are not. You say it has something to do with the difference between the UK and US? Why the difference? And on the DVD sets, why do some episodes have one while others have the... well, other?
The left-hand credits were for the UK while the centred credits were for the US and perhaps other markets as well. The reason for the difference originally, I suspect, had to do with the fact that the episodes aired in the US were syndicated by CBS and make mention of that fact in the end credits. As for the DVD sets, I think it's just a case of Disney grabbing any old tape that's available off the shelf without really checking the tapes carefully to see which version they have - ie US or UK.

In synidcation it's very rare that you see the left-hand credits on non-Season One episodes and that may have something to do with it as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the second season set, the only epsidoes featuring the UK version of the credits are the Elton John and Rudolph Nureyev episodes. Louise Gold isn't credited in the UK version of the Rudolph Nureyev epsiode. I wonder if that means she didn't perform, as opposed to just not being credited (she didn't provide any voices in that episode).

Though with Disney not checking which versions are being used on the release, it's odd that all of the season one epsidoes appear to have whatever version of the credits are normally used in today's broadcasts.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Well well well, how interesting.

The Rudolf Nureyev episode seems to have been filmed the week before the Elton John episode.
We know that Louise was working on the show from the Edgar Bergan episode (mid July 1977) onwards.
Could it be that the Muppets considered her as 'Trying out', and only started giving her a credit from the Elton John (about halfway through the series) episode onwards, and then only the UK set of credits?

David French

Reaction score
Well well well, how interesting.

The Rudolf Nureyev episode seems to have been filmed the week before the Elton John episode.
We know that Louise was working on the show from the Edgar Bergan episode (mid July 1977) onwards.
Could it be that the Muppets considered her as 'Trying out', and only started giving her a credit from the Elton John (about halfway through the series) episode onwards, and then only the UK set of credits?
Well unless someone has off-air copies of the other episodes that she worked on, we can't say for sure. What we can say for sure is that she was never credited on the US set of credits.