Love's Long Journey

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hey everyone! For those who were reading my SS Fan Fic, A Hollywood Adventure, I apologize that I have more or less abandoned it. I had this other idea and decided to write it instead. It's an idea that's been floating in my head for a long time now. I'm already almost done with the first two chapters, but I'm just going to give you the prologue for now. I hope you like it and that it doesn't get too weird later (weird is normal with the Muppets though right?)

Prologue:

She looked around her and wondered how she’d gotten to this point. Oh wait, it was her own fault. That’s why she was so far away from home in an unfamiliar place. After all the times they had talked about it she still wasn’t prepared for what she encountered here. She wasn’t sure how to find her way back home. And once she got back there, would anyone even want to see her? After the way she acted, the way she treated them?

She sat down and curled into a ball. Her usually energetic and wild spirit was dashed. Her yellow skin was dirty and her tattered red sweater showed the marks of her journey. Her perky pigtails had long fallen out and now her hair fell limp over the rest of her body.

As she lay curled up on the ground she thought about her friends again. Did they know she was gone? Would they come looking for her? She hoped they would, especially him. He was her hero. He always had been, had she been too stupid to see it all this time? She realized they were right. It was time to grow up.

Suddenly she began to feel very tired. Her eyes began to droop and she decided to let sleep overcome her and take her away from her misery. Take her away from this scary place known to her and her friends only as “Outer Space.” She would dream she was back in the Rock and everything was the way it used to be.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh...wow. It's beautiful, very nice and descriptive! I love it, Beth!!

Smiles

Reaction score
Sounds great! I can't wait for the first two chapters!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thanks! I've been writing this while at work (I have nothing to do alot at my job...) so it's saved on that computer which means I won't be able to post the chapters until tomorrow morning, but you will get them!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<practically claws at computer>

BETH! Oh my gosh, Beth, this is... Oy! I- Mm. I want! I want to read more! You've already got me wrapped around your finger with this story, and I can't wait for more! Oh my gosh! I- mm- mehhh... WHAT THE HEY HAPPENED??? <dances around> I wanna know, I wanna know, I wanna know, I wanna know... Eeeeegagoogah! <<<hugs>>>

And about your SS fic... <sigh> I hate abandoned stories... but oh my gosh good golly graciousness, you've sure got my attention with this one!

And hey, no big surprise coming from me, but- MORE PLEASE!!!!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Here is chapter one everyone! Chapter two coming later today!

Chapter One:

Life was changing in Fraggle Rock. Sure everyone still co-existed happily within the confines of the Rock. The Doozers still built complex structures and the Fraggles still ate them.

But things were different in other ways. For example, Fraggles had now made peace with the Gorgs so there was no longer any fear of being captured when going out to visit the Trash Heap or collecting up radishes. In fact, the Gorgs harvested radishes just for the Fraggles. Now they were friends.

The other change was that they now had some contact with the outside world, Outer Space. Gobo finally spoke to Doc and even though Doc moved away, the magic showed them that anything was possible and a tunnel was discovered that took them to the Silly Creature’s new home. Now it was a path visited frequently by the Fraggles, mostly Gobo and his Uncle Traveling Matt.

Until Gobo spoke to Doc, Traveling Matt was the only Fraggle to venture out into Outer Space. Now Gobo would go as far as Doc’s new workshop to speak to him and to his hairy beast, Sprocket the dog. Uncle Traveling Matt continued to travel Outer Space and report his findings to Gobo through postcards. Traveling Matt also befriended Doc and Sprocket.

But other than those few things, life in Fraggle Rock was pretty much the same. The five friends Gobo, Wembley, Mokey, Boober and Red were as close as ever. Then suddenly things started changing even within the tight knit group.

Red, being the detective of the group, noticed something seemed different. She decided to investigate and figure out what was happening. Whatever it was, she really didn’t like it.

The first thing she noticed was Mokey. Mokey was always in her dreamlike world, but lately had been acting even more spacey at different times. She was painting like mad and writing poems non stop.

“Mokey, what is with this sudden rush of creativity? I mean, you’ve always been creating things but you’re just going crazy!” asked Red finally.

“Red, I just can’t explain it…I’m not even sure you’d understand. I have to go and meet someone now. Maybe we can talk about it later,” said Mokey as she fixed a flower in her hair and sort of floated out of their room.

“Something is not right here,” thought Red and decided to follow her. She followed her past the Great Hall and the waterfall. She followed her all the way to Boober’s room.

“Boober? If she was just having some laundry done she could have told me,” thought Red as she hid behind a large plant.

Soon Mokey and Boober emerged together from Boober’s room and walked in the direction of Cavern of Sparkling Lilies. It wasn’t a cavern that Red and her friends visited very much at all, but other Fraggles did quite a bit.

“Why are they going there?” thought Red as she followed them. Then she remembered why Fraggles would go to the Cavern of Sparkling Lilies. Gobo’s Uncle Matt told the young Fraggles about it once.

“I can’t believe this!” thought Red as she rushed back to her room to figure out what to do next.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Wow....really loving this story. The Cavern of Sparkling Lilies...awesome!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Here's chapter two. This may be all the further I get today, work is picking up a bit so I may not get to write another chapter today even though I really want to!

Chapter Two:

Red ran so fast she nearly knocked over Wembley who was carrying a large daisy.

“Oh Wembley! I’m sorry! I didn’t see you there!” exclaimed Red.

“Oh it’s no problem, I wasn’t paying much attention. I’m kind of in a hurry to meet someone” said Wembley not sound much like himself.

“What? Who?” asked Red.

“No one important, I just have to go!” said Wembley and ran off.

“I wonder if I should follow him?” thought Red and decided to do it. She followed him all the way to the waterfall where he met up with Lou Fraggle. He gave her the daisy.

“Gosh Wembley, that’s so sweet! Should we go?” asked Lou.

Red watched as they took each others hands and also headed off toward what she was now calling the dreaded Cavern of the Sparkling Lilies.

“What is going on here? They’ve had their heads in the clouds for days and now this? I don’t understand it!” thought Red. Then she decided to go and see the only sane Fraggle left in the bunch, Gobo.

“He drives me nuts, but he’ll know what to do!” thought Red as she hurried off towards Gobo and Wembley’s bunk.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Gobo was sitting on his bed strumming his guitar. He was lost in thought when Red burst into his room.

“Gobo! Gobo! Something crazy is going on in Fraggle Rock!” exclaimed Red.

“Well, that isn’t something new, there’s always something crazy in Fraggle Rock,” answered Gobo.

“No! Something crazy is going on with our friends!” exclaimed Red urgently.

“What do you mean?” asked Gobo jumping down from his bed.

“Everyone is going off to the Cavern of the Sparkling Lilies!” said Red.

“Really? Who?” asked Gobo.

“Mokey and Boober went off together and now Wembley and Lou!” shrieked Red. She was beginning to lose control and Gobo’s calm demeanor was driving her nuts.

“Wow! Well, I guess you only go to that Cavern for one reason,” said Gobo.

“I know! It’s wrong! They shouldn’t be doing this!” exclaimed Red.

“Well, maybe they want to. It’s not like there’s some beast out there chasing them into that Cavern,” said Gobo.

“Well, I think it’s stupid! We should be having fun! We should be playing together! Not running off to the Cavern of the Sparkling Lilies!” said Red.

“You really think it’s stupid? That’s too bad Red,” said Gobo sounding a little disappointed.

“Yes I do and I’m going to figure out how to stop this from continuing to happen!” exclaimed Red and stormed out of Gobo’s room.

“I wish she’d change her mind. She’ll figure out sooner or later though. You can’t change the passing of time. And when she does, I’ll be ready,” thought Gobo as he went back to strumming his guitar.

Meanwhile, Red was seething. “How dare Gobo take their side? Doesn’t he see how this will affect the group?” she thought to herself. She decided she would call a meeting in the Great Hall for the next day and get to the bottom of all of this.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
AWWW!! Poor Gobo!!! It'd be wonderful if they went to the cavern...perhaps some of his calmness will rub on on Red. XD

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<itching with excitement>
The Cavern of the Sparkling Lilies? Ooooh... Oh, please tell me more...