Love's Long Journey

Smiles

Reaction score
Nice. I'm interested to see where Red will end up staying in outerspace.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Slightly shorter chapter. Enjoy!

Chapter Five:

Red started to slowly venture into the forest and soon found it to be extremely dark as the trees became more and more numerous and began to block out the very sunny sky.

“This feels more like home,” she thought to herself as she actually felt more comfortable in the darkness. It reminded her of the Rock. Sure, they had light, but it wasn’t quite like the sunlight she experienced earlier. She was sure of one thing though, she was hungry.

“What I wouldn’t give for some of Boober’s radish stew,” Red thought to herself. It was the first time she had thought of any of her friends since leaving the Rock.

“I wonder if they’ve noticed I’m gone yet,” she thought as she sat down on a log. She sighed. What was she going to do? She had no food besides doozer sticks and no idea where she was going.

“Oh man, this is no good,” she thought. All of sudden, some shiny red berries caught her eye. “Those look a little like radishes!” she thought and ran over to eat some.

“Well, they don’t taste like radishes, but that’s ok, it’s food!” said Red as she ate hungrily.

Five minutes later she regretted that decision as she became sick from them.

“Ugg, that was stupid. I guess not everything in Outer Space is safe to eat. I need to rest,” she thought to herself. She came to a clearing and found a lake.

“Wow! That is the biggest pond I’ve ever seen!” yelled Red out loud. She forgot about feeling sick and decided to jump in for a swim. She floated happily around on her back, unaware of the bird that was now eyeballing her from above.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Back in Fraggle Rock, Gobo made his way out to the Gorg’s garden and started heading toward the Trash Heap. Suddenly a hand grabbed him and pulled him into the air.

“Ahhhh!” screamed Gobo.

“Hi there little fwaggle fwiend!” said Junior Gorg and started to put him down.

“Oh, hi Junior,” said Gobo, he still wasn’t used to being friends with the Gorgs.

“What are you doing here today? Would you like some wadishes?” asked Junior.

“No, I came to see the Trash Heap, there’s something really important I need to ask her,” said Gobo.

“What’s wrong?” asked Junior.

“Red’s gone,” said Gobo.

“Oh no! I hope you find her! Let me know if there’s anything I can do,” said Junior.

“I will. Thanks,” said Gobo and continued on to the Trash Heap.

Philo and Gunge were bickering back and forth as usual and then noticed Gobo’s presence.

“We haven’t seen you for awhile,” said Philo.

“Yeah, well I’ve been busy, but I need to see the Trash Heap, it’s important,” said Gobo.

“All right,” said Gunge. Just then the Trash Heap rose up from the ground.

“You are in the presence of the all knowing,” started Philo.

“All seeing Trash Heap,” finished Gunge.

“Well, well, well. Gobo Fraggle. It’s been awhile,” said the Trash Heap.

“Hello Madam Trash Heap. It’s good to see you. Have you been well?” asked Gobo.

“Oh yes, as well as I can be, right boys?” said the Trash Heap.

“Why of course Marjorie, you’re looking as lovely as ever,” said Gunge.

“You are quite well,” said Philo.

“Anyway, Gobo, what brings you back here after all this time” asked the Trash Heap.

“Well, you see, it’s Red,” started Gobo and then proceeded to tell her the whole story.

“My, my. You certainly are growing up Gobo,” said the Trash Heap.

“Do you have any idea where Red might have gone? I just don’t know where else to look for her,” said Gobo.

“She has gone to the one place she figured no one would ever look for her. The one place that she has feared her entire life. The one place she would scoff at and ridicule. Go there and you will find her. Good luck Gobo,” said the Trash Heap and began to sink back into the ground.

“The one place she made fun of and feared? You mean Outer Space?” asked Gobo, but it was too late.

“The trash heap has spoken, nyeah,” said Philo and Gunge together.

“Outer Space! Of course! It all makes sense now! I’ve got to tell everyone!” said Gobo and ran back to Fraggle Rock.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Red was enjoying her swim and beginning to feel better after the berry incident. She decided she should continue on with her journey and stepped out of the water to dry off and grab her bag.

Suddenly, the bird that was watching her swooped down and grabbed her by the shirt.

“Hey! What are you doing with me?” screamed Red as the bird flew away with her. She continued to scream, but the bird just kept flying higher and away from the lake.

“Now what do I do? Help!” screamed Red as she clung to her bag for dear life. She could only hope this creature wasn’t about to make her its lunch, but she had a bad feeling.

“Help!” she screamed again even though the effort was futile.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
OH NO!!! RED!!!! *wants to knock the bird outta the sky now* Ya stupid bird!! Put her down!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... As much as good a chapter that was... Sara's post after makes me smile even more.
She's turning into Lisa... Before you know it, we'll have to deal with Sara nagging for us to update our stories... And she'll be handing out teddy bears and plush Muppets and muffins and...

*Blacks out... Lissssssaaaaaaa!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Noooooo! Oh... What's happening with your Bonds of Family story?
Maybe I'll update later today or tomorrow. Gotta plan the next two parts though.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<Splashes some water on Ed's face and hands him a teddy bear> Here. That should help. I think you've borrowed that one before, but I'm not sure. Lemme know if you wanna switch for a different one, I've still got 26 teddies here for the hugging.

Now then, Beth, about this... Ohhhhhh... Okay, I know I didn't comment on chapter four yet (shame on me) so I'll start with that. Red's comments about the rain- er, water drops falling from up above, are awesome. In fact, everything she's said about Outer Space... I love it. And the reactions to Red's disappearance... Mmm!

Chapter five, I like how Red is more comfortable in the forest because it's more like the Rock. That's a nice touch. And the berries... I was wondering if she'd run into some not-so-good-to-eat food. I guess she did. But, nothing a little swim can't fix. She seems very much in character. I applaud. <looks around> <Taps foot> <penguin walks in with cue card> You're late, Zany. Anyway, speaking of in character, the Trash Heap has spoken! And how typical, that Gobo is dismissed without her actually saying that Red is in Outer Space. I am SO eager to see what happens next!

And hey, you! Bird! Put that Fraggle down right now or I'll... or I'll... I'll... um... I'll... I'll throw a muffin at you! <grabs muffin and prepares to throw> ...Gee, if only I had better aim. Renee, you wanna give me a hand here? ...Actually, I've got a better idea.

BETH! MORE STORY! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ...1? Darned shift key. Anyway, PLEASE! More story!!!!!!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Wakes up... Huh? Wha? Oh, Lisa's here... Good, can calm down now.
OK... Will trade you this nice little teddy bear for a fluffy stuffed bat, or a vulture if you purrfer.

See you guys when there's more story to read.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
...Gee, if only I had better aim. Renee, you wanna give me a hand here?
Yeah, I'll help ya! *Has a basket full of applecinna muffins ready to aim* Let's get that darned bird, Lisa!! *grins evilly*