Lying Muppets

charlietheowl

Reaction score
The thing is that I doubt Jason Segel's Kermit thing was mean spirited, as Kermit wouldn't do that. I would imagine that it would take the same avenue he did in TMTM.
You're probably right, but I can't think of any other reason that lying would be banned than for worries that it was mean or something.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You're probably right, but I can't think of any other reason that lying would be banned than for worries that it was mean or something.
Which reminds me Sesame Street recently concentrating on bright, colorful characters rather than ones with personality. :stick_out_tongue:

Hubert

Reaction score
I'm wondering if maybe whoever from Disney came up with that just assumed the Muppets would never do that and didn't even bother to check it out...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm wondering if maybe whoever from Disney came up with that just assumed the Muppets would never do that and didn't even bother to check it out...
Well it said from the Henson crew, is that Disney? It's confusing, lol.

Hubert

Reaction score
Well it said from the Henson crew, is that Disney? It's confusing, lol.
It is, but we do have to remember that the writer thinks that they are all the same...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I can't imagine that the person who came up with the Muppet rules had not seen Muppets Take Manhattan, because that would show a lack of awareness that I don't think even Disney would approach.

Hubert

Reaction score
I can't imagine that the person who came up with the Muppet rules had not seen Muppets Take Manhattan, because that would show a lack of awareness that I don't think even Disney would approach.
That is true...it's like, I really have no idea where this whole thing came from. It's kinda weird.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Eh, you'd be surprised at the lack of attention to detail of many so-called researchers, heh.

Hubert

Reaction score
And with Disney, you also have to take into account that being a big company, they don't always handle things in the most proper way.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And with Disney, you also have to take into account that being a big company, they don't always handle things in the most proper way.
Or it could just be part of the Henson crew that have a very generalized, idealized vision of the Muppets but don't have every film memorized the way we fans do. :wink: