Lynne Thigpen of "Carmen Sandiego" fame passes away...

radionate

Reaction score
She was a talented actress who I have enjoyed for years. Very sad news.

Goodnight Luna. :cry:

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Seriously, 54 is such a young age to die. She still could've done so much. But I guess it was just her time to go.

Like everyone else here I LOVED Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? and this is very sad news indeed. She will definitely be missed.

~ Debo

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Where in the world is Lynne Thigpen?

In a better place!

Baby Animal

Reaction score
She was also on Square One, a show my family and I would watch. I believe she played the chief character in "Mathnet" too. She was such a talent.
Simpathy and sorry.
Tony

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Oh, man! I just saw the news, and this popped up! *sigh*

Carmen Sandiego was one of my favorite shows as a kid, and often wondered why PBS didn't show the reruns anymore. Like many of you, the Chief was my favorite part of the show. Sad.

*sigh*

Goodbye.

:cry: :frown: :embarrassed: :concern: :sympathy:

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
Oh, I knew it was something along those lines, Boober. I just couldn't recall the name off-hand, so I used the phrase "NASA Spoof", as sort of a holding line. WASA is a spoof of NASA...that's just what I meant...and yes, I get it!:smile:

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
For those of you trying to put a face to Lynne Thigpen - she is also a lead character in "The District" with Craig T. Nelson on CBS. She is the heart of that show and I don't see how it will survive without her. I'm stunned.

I always thought Luna sounded like her, but wasn't sure. She was so young and will be missed. What a tragedy. I just can't believe it. :cry:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yes, i loved watching her on The District (even though I didn't watch it much) she will be missed

Sarah:cry:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
she also plays a judge in the new movie anger management with adam sandler and jack nickelson...saw her in the preview yesterday..

ryan