1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

M.C.F's Groups

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Count von Count, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Count von Count

Count von Count Active Member

Hi everyone it me,
    Can some-one tell me what groups on the user cp is. It looks like no use's it, so I don't know what it is.
    So my questions is, what groups are there to join?
    Thanks- Count von Count
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hi. It's not really groups as in groups to join, as so more as it's groups by member rank title when grouping members into one particular category. Hope this helps.
  3. Count von Count

ohh... ok. i Think i get it Thanks Count.
  4. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Do you mean the "public groups" section in profiles? I don't know what that means either. Unless there's some other type of ranking system option that MC doesn't use, and that's why no one is a member?
  5. Count von Count

Yes the Public groups I do not know what that is.
  6. The Count

Well... If someone could direct me to where these "public groups" are located, maybe I can clarify the matter, if it's within my realm of knowledge.
  7. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Nobody really seems to belong to any public groups whatever they are.

Edit: It's on everybody's public profiles Ed. There's a section that says (username) is not a member of any public groups. And I've never yet come across anybody's profile that says he or she belongs to any.
  8. The Count

Thanks Marty. After a quick check using my mod powers on my own profile, the user/public groups are indeed just the different classes of groups into which members are categorized here on the forums: Administrator, Super Moderators, Moderators, Registered Members, Registered Awaiting email Confirmation, etc.

Hope this helps.
  9. Count von Count

ok i get it. Because i'm a member I'm not in a group. But how do you because a moderator? I know what it is. Do you have to help run the site?
  10. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

A moderator is a member of the site that keeps the forum clean from spam posts and makes sure no one's getting into fights and that posts are appropriate for a family forum. The moderators here at MC are The Count (Ed), Fozzie Bear (Kevin), MuppetQuilter, Phillip Chapman, and Cindy Chapman.
  11. Count von Count

12. theprawncracker

And in my opinion, moderators should make sure pointless posts like this don't happen... :rolleyes:
  13. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Gotcha. :p
  14. theprawncracker

...You have no idea how much I just laughed at that. :insatiable:
  15. The Count

Well... Phillip does have mod powers, but he's actually the site's and forum's administrator. Cindy, Kevin, Annika and I are the Fantastic 4 MC Mod Squad. For my part, besides general overall mod powers, I'm in charge of New Members... Approving new posts, with help from the others in some cases, banning blatent spammers, and taking care of duplicate accounts when the AE Detector gets tripped.

BTW: Thanks for helping out Prawny.
  16. theprawncracker

*salutes* No problem Officer! It is my duty as an informed citizen of these United Forums. :p

And if you're the Fantastic Four... Ed, are you The Thing, Mr. Fantastic, or The Human Torch? :confused: ;)
  17. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Thanks Ed, but I think you've still got the wrong idea. At least, if it does make sense, I still don't get it.
    :) I don't know but that a person reads their own profile differently than other peoples'. To me, for example, it says that you are not a member of any public groups when I check your profile. Try reading someone else's, like mine or Ryan's for example. Maybe it will bring us a bit closer to understanding each other, lol.
  18. The Count

Right. Every member's profile will say "User" is not a member of any public groups". But when a moderator or person with mod powers goes to the link that only they have access to on the forums and searches for a particular member, we can then get a profile page with much more information than that visible in the common profile pages. It's there that a mod sees which group or category a member is classified into. For example, when I searched for myself, the Primary Group displayed the title of Moderator. When I searched for Fragglemuppet it displayed the status "Registered".

Hope that helps clear up things a bit more.
  19. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

About as much as I applauded your comment?
  20. theprawncracker

*scratches chin thoughtfully* Yes, I assume so. :search:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.