1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Ma Bear's Hat

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by muppetperson, Feb 15, 2012.

1. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Does anybody know when/where Ma Bear wore this hat?
    [​IMG]
  2. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

I'm guessing Muppets at Walt Disney World. But they may have changed out the fabric piece. She had a yellow ribbon and flowers originally.

Correction: For the group song in Muppets at Walt Disney World they all were hats like that with the pink ribbon. So it could have been anybody's.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  3. muppetperson

Thanks very much, Cindy.I guess that is why they labelled the hat "Ma Bear".
  4. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Is that the one that came with the Fozzie Bear Puppet?
  5. muppetperson

Yes.And Cindy was spot on.I found the Special on YouTube in 6 parts and the group song is in part 6 and it is the hat.:)
  6. CaseytheMuppet

Really cool!!! :) Did you restore it? It looks really nice!
  7. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

Wow! It's great you know which special it's from! You should print a screenshot of her in the special wearing it.
  8. muppetperson

Basically, with the help of a Milliner.Here is how out of shape it was, plus it was really cracked up and fragile:
    [​IMG]
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  9. muppetperson

I would like to do that, but I dont know how.Ma Bear must be camera shy because there are very little pictures of her on line!
  10. Cindy

Wow. What a restoration. Very nice.

Forgive me as I'm a little confused. You got the Fozzie Bear puppet and they said this is Ma Bear's hat? Since they all wore similar hats in that musical number how do you know it's not Fozzie's? Just curious. :)
  11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I've seen an old photo of the hat that was for sale, and it has a "Ma Bear" label pinned inside, which I think is on some JHC logoed fabric? Something like that, to suggest its authentic.
  12. Cindy

Ah, gotcha. Thanks.
  13. muppetperson

[​IMG]
    Actually, it was hand written on tape.It was Fozzie that had the material tag with HA logo on it.
  14. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oooh, interesting...Maybe it was just slang for "My Bear". :p
  15. muppetperson

Like from how they talk in Alabama? That's ma boy! Wocka Wocka!:)
  16. muppetperson

I got a Ma Bear figure made to display with her hat.
    [​IMG]
  17. CaseytheMuppet

18. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member