Macy's Fraggle Float video found

Drtooth

Reaction score
MMMMhhh... Took a little searching for the Fraggle float and there isn'tmuch... They guy never did like it, as I can tell....

radionate

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
MMMMhhh... Took a little searching for the Fraggle float and there isn'tmuch... They guy never did like it, as I can tell....
Dude, enough with the negativity. How awsome is this site. It's campy and fun and not often you can see clips from the old parades online. I don't even have tapes of the parades from the early 80's.

That was great. What a blast to see the float again. And it didn't take that much searching at all. Everyone needs to go check this site out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
radionate said:
Dude, enough with the negativity. How awsome is this site. It's campy and fun and not often you can see clips from the old parades online. I don't even have tapes of the parades from the early 80's.
What negativiity? The guy didn't like them much, and he states it here...

" have a confession to make -- I never got into "Fraggle Rock." Many readers have written in asking for a review, but what can I say? The fad just skipped past me for some reason."

All I was saying was he didn't like it, plus he called it a fad... so I put 2 and 2 together.

But this is a great site... and apparently he buys Ultimate Muscle figures for the obscure 80's nostalgia like me...

http://x-entertainment.com/articles/0846/

Seriosuly... you need to read this as well.. quite funny stuff.

radionate

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
What negativiity? The guy didn't like them much, and he states it here...

" have a confession to make -- I never got into "Fraggle Rock." Many readers have written in asking for a review, but what can I say? The fad just skipped past me for some reason."

All I was saying was he didn't like it, plus he called it a fad... so I put 2 and 2 together.
Took a little searching for the Fraggle float and there isn'tmuch...
I took it that you were ticked there weren't more pictures/video time.

There is as much there for the Fraggle Rock float as there is for most of the floats. A couple of pictures and a short video.

I don't think we could ask for much more, except better picture quality :smile:

And this site is just too much fun.

Drtooth

Reaction score
radionate said:
I took it that you were ticked there weren't more pictures/video time..
No... I meant by his comments about how he didn't get into it. Sorry if I sounded negative, I was talking about his "Fad" comment. I'm more disturbed by him saying that Sesame Street pre Elmo was hit or miss...:wink: It took a search because it wasn't labled and I was multi tasking, searching the web and writing a short paper at the same time... didn't even have time to see the video. I especially love his comments about how Underdog floats by and no one gives any commentary.

Yeah, Xentertainment is the best place for obscure 80's stuff... I just love what he hass to say about these: http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/musc.html

Convincing John

Reaction score
Y'know, just for your information, there were a couple things I remember about this float they didn't show in the clip. I remember seeing this parade when it originally aired, and the host said "And riding on top of the float is J...R... Gorg." And I think (but I'm not 100% positive on this) that there was a sweepstakes contest that year, and the winning kid got to ride on the float with the Fraggles! How cool would that be???

Really cool!:excited:

Convincing John

Whatever

Reaction score
I was born two days before this! I always thought if I was born 2 days later my name would have beeb "Thankful." Yuck. It's cool to see the Macy's parade of my birth year, I've always loved the Macy's! :smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
That's so fun! And I love how half the floats in there were quintessential '80s child stuff. What a cool site! I added it to my favorites. I want to go back and check it out some more! :smile:
Erin

Foodie

Reaction score
Bean Bunny said:
X-Entertainment has the 1984 Macy's Parade on it's site with video of the Fraggle Rock Float with characters.

www.x-entertainment.com
I got to see that when it aired. At the time, I knew of Fraggle Rock but it would be about 3 years before I got to actually see ( & fall in love with ) the show.

There was a seller on eBay like last year or something that was making copies of this parade on VHS. I got one. Talk about nostalgia! What's really cool is that if you look closely, you can see some or one of those people dressed in fraggle suits break dancing.
:smirk:

I'm hoping to get my copy put on DVD one o' these days. :smirk:

Nick