Macy's Parade Appearances Timeline

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
Timeline: Macy's Parade Appearances

Hey All

Since it is Thanksgiving.I'd figured let's start a parade appearance section time line.

Here's what I know of off hand:

1984 - Costumed characters of Bert,Ernie, 2 Honkers,& The Count along with Oscar (puppet form) and Big Bird with Bob and Olivia riding in the Sloppy Jaloppy and The Count Mobile to promote Follow That Bird. No song or dance number here.The parade also featured a Fraggle Rock float (maybe thats the reason for non-Sesame Muppets in parade) as well as the Kermit balloon.

2002 - Current Cast + international characters on a float to showcase the many different countries Sesame is seen in.The song that was performed was "We Are All Earthlings".The parade featured both the Kermit and Big Bird balloons.

2004 - Current Cast on a redesigned float celebrating the 35th Season performing "The Street We Live On".The parade features 3 Muppet character Balloons - Big Bird, Kermit the Frog and Super Grover.

Some appearances I remember, but can't figure out a date: Costumed Bert & Ernie singing "Do You Like Me" and the cast singing "True Blue Miracle".

I am also looking for early appearances of the Sesame gang from the parade from 1980 to 2000.If anyone has any footage,please let me know.Thanks

Michael