Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I might as well run down the parade IMO...

The stars of the show were the Sesame Street and Foster's Home for Imaginary Monsters floats. No question. Did anyone else notice they used Fat Blue on the float?

I loved the following balloons: Big Bird, Grover, M&M's *, Scooby Doo, Mr. Potatohead Spongebob and Snoopy. I liked the Energizer Bunny too. But Dora the Explora? I mean, I really can't stand that show, but at least it's popular... Jojo's Circus? What the shell is that? I've never heard of it. And Pikachu? Well, I'm really p'o'd that Nintendo didn't sponser a Mario balloon instead. I mean, Sega made a sonic one back when he was first popular, Mario is a Video game Staple.

I loved that they used a number from Spamalot. Notice that they cut an entire verse from Always look on the Bright side of life. I mean, I felt it funny they used that song in the first place, since it was introduced in Life of Brian, at the end when Brian and several others are crusified. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, and you're offended by that, PM me and I'll explain it for you!) Kinda wish they used "Knights of the Round Table."

and is anyone else sick and tired of Barry Manalow's comeback? I mean, he's EVERYWHERE now! it's terrible.

* M&M's balloon.... funny! I thought that one was the one that caused all the problems last year. Huh!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I loved that they used a number from Spamalot. Notice that they cut an entire verse from Always look on the Bright side of life.
Yeah I noticed that too! It's great that they did the song. Though, I've seen separate scenes from Spamalot performed twice now. And it seems whenever the songs are taken out of context, Spamalot ends up looking a bit too happy and Broadway, not at all Monty Python. You really need to see Spamalot in its entirety.

Also, the Grinch looked really good; humorous and much better than the movie. I wish I could see it.

Faylo

Reaction score
I liked the Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends float. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
heralde said:
Yeah I noticed that too! It's great that they did the song. Though, I've seen separate scenes from Spamalot performed twice now. And it seems whenever the songs are taken out of context, Spamalot ends up looking a bit too happy and Broadway, not at all Monty Python. You really need to see Spamalot in its entirety.
Could have been worse. They could have used "Find your Grail" which would have made it look too sappy... especially since that's the one straight numbwer in the entire show (all the others are jokey). If they used the Finland number, I would have bust a gut!

Also, the Grinch looked really good; humorous and much better than the movie. I wish I could see it.
mmmmmhhhhhh... I really would want to like a Musical about the Grinch, but it looks like they took too much from the movie. The guy playing the Grinch looked like he based his entire performance on Jim Carrey's role. The Burping was a dead giveaway.

I liked the Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends float.
That was a cute one, wasn't it. They sang "With a little help from my friends", and the Beatles (as opposed to Joe Cocker) version at that. You could tell Bloo had multiple puppeteers, and only one of them really was good at it. But that giant Eduardo costumed character was great.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Could have been worse. They could have used "Find your Grail" which would have made it look too sappy... especially since that's the one straight numbwer in the entire show (all the others are jokey).
They did that at the Tony's. And I nearly refused to go see the show! It looked completly un-Python when taken out of context. Glad I did finally go though. :smile:

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
My fave performers were:
*The Jonas Bros.
*Miley Cyrus as HANNAH MONTANA
*RBD
*Diana DeGarmo
*Performers from HAIRSPRAY
*Performers from HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL

BEAR

Reaction score
As far as the Broadway performances, How the Grinch Stole Christmas was my absolute favorite, but I also really liked the Spamalot number. Along with the Sesame Street gang, those were my favorite performances from this year's parade.

BEAR

Reaction score
jacobsnchz said:
Mine too! By the way, what is SPAMALOT about?

It's based on the Monty Python movies.