Mahna Mahna...I'm afraid to ask...

ssetta

Reaction score
Too bad you don't have another PBS station where you live!

BipBippadotta

Reaction score
I have a question. What does Mahna Mahna say under his breath near the end of the Sesame Street Mahna Mahna sketch? I am talking about just before he sings Mahna Mahna for the last four times?

BipBippadotta

Reaction score
BipBippadotta said:
I have a question. What does Mahna Mahna say under his breath near the end of the Sesame Street Mahna Mahna sketch? I am talking about just before he sings Mahna Mahna for the last four times?

I feel like Bip right now. No one wants to talk to me I am gonna go way down to the back here.

Mahna Mahna!!!!!!!! (echoes).

Erine81981

Reaction score
Ok back in the day before the Muppet Show had even aired. Jim made a character that I think back in the day was just called "Mahna Mahna" but then changed because he then made a newer charcater on SS. Pretty much the same characters but with a little few changes. Now SS had the song but it had (in what Kevin said before) ba dee ba dee bee (which is the old version) Then on the Muppet Show he made it with these words (as Kevin said again) Do doo do do doo So I hope that answers your question.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Bip was created to keep the commercial Muppets seperate from the educational SS.

BipBippadotta

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Ok back in the day before the Muppet Show had even aired. Jim made a character that I think back in the day was just called "Mahna Mahna" but then changed because he then made a newer charcater on SS. Pretty much the same characters but with a little few changes. Now SS had the song but it had (in what Kevin said before) ba dee ba dee bee (which is the old version) Then on the Muppet Show he made it with these words (as Kevin said again) Do doo do do doo So I hope that answers your question.

Does anyone notice that Bip's name almost sounds like a lyric to mahna mahna? Bip Bip pa dot ah.

No one answered my question about what is said at the end of Mahna Mahna on SS.

BipBippadotta said:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
BipBippadotta said:
Does anyone notice that Bip's name almost sounds like a lyric to mahna mahna? Bip Bip pa dot ah.

No one answered my question about what is said at the end of Mahna Mahna on SS.
Maybe because no one knows the answer...

greg

Reaction score
Anyone know where I could find a clip of this famous skit? I haven't seen it in 30 years but I have never forgot it.