Make A Puppet From Replica?

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
Is it possible to make kermit puppet form his replica? Just wanted to know before I waste my money?

muppetperson

Reaction score
I have heard that the Photo puppet pattern is a bit smaller than the hand puppet pattern.I dont know how the photo puppets are constucted, but if the material hasnt been glued onto the filling inside, then I dont see why you couldnt cut open a photo puppet and remove the stuffing and turn it into a puppet.

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
I have heard that the Photo puppet pattern is a bit smaller than the hand puppet pattern.I dont know how the photo puppets are constucted, but if the material hasnt been glued onto the filling inside, then I dont see why you couldnt cut open a photo puppet and remove the stuffing and turn it into a puppet.
Thanks

muppetperson

Reaction score
Let us know how you go.Some others wanted to do this as well, but then decided they couldnt bear to "wreck" their Kermit photo puppet.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Stop the presses.

Is it possible to make kermit puppet form his replica? Just wanted to know before I waste my money?
No, dont do it.I have started unpicking my spare Kermit and you wont be able to put your hand in as it has a black cellulous fibre glued to the rubber gasket of his mouth.The red mouth and green that meets it is also glued to the gasket.Looks like Disney looked into this so a puppet couldnt be made.

muppetperson

Reaction score
See my photo report in the Merchandise-your thoughts Kermit replica.

Bear Man

Reaction score
I was just looking at those photos (really interesting to see, thanks for posting!) and don't see why the head stuffing couldn't just be removed - it looks like you cut a section away from the mouth gasket without any worries. As for the red mouth being glued to the gasket, well, the Kermit puppet's mouth plate is made of gasket, right? So you wouldn't have to detach the red from it?

It would still require major surgery - I can't imagine that that wire in the mouth would be easy to remove, and hollowing out Kermit's foam body and removing the wires from his arms and legs would be painful...but from what I can see a person with decent puppet-building skills would be able to turn this replica into a working puppet. Then again, a person with decent puppet-building skills should probably be able to build their own from scratch...

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I'd say to just follow the fleece pattern on the photo puppet and make a totally new one. Thanks for the info! really interesting how they made Kermit.