1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Making Female Body - Mature

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by puppetise, May 8, 2006.

1. puppetise

puppetise Member

ok some one close to me asked for me to build a puppet version of her i have pics of her and i am attempting a protto type of her but i searched the forum and the only thing i found on the female body diddnt look right on the puppet as she has what you would call perky breasts could you guys help me out it would meen alot pleease

cheers
    -wayne-
  2. gfarkwort

gfarkwort Member

Why don't you carve them out of a block of foam?...I believe Rick Lyon has a good example Picture on his website, in the Crank Yankers section (sorry I don't have the link, I'm slacking at work, and the Computers are SLOW!!!)

....but yea...I think carving would be a good way to go....although I've never tried it....it's something to test out...
  3. mrhogg

mrhogg New Member

When I made a woman puppet recently, I modelled the breasts (which was somewhat surreal, as I'm friends with the person the puppet is based on). I used a project puppet pattern for the puppet (a rotondo, I think).

For the breasts, I cut a piece of foam that was like a four-leaf clover, but with the top two "leaves" being somewhat stretched out.

I did a rough, horrible sketch to show you how it looks, and in doing so, realize that maybe "butterfly" is a better description...

http://www.dotboom.ca/images/breast_pattern.gif

If you played around with the sizing of each wing/leaf, you should be able to get the amount of perkiness you're looking for.
  4. puppetise

puppetise Member

ok i built a test breast how did u cover them and did u make a nipple? if so how

ps an i cant find rick lyons thing
  5. Punch'n'Judy

Punch'n'Judy New Member

6. puppetise

puppetise Member

ok umm how do i make that ut a little less in size along lucy the **** size from av q
  7. Phantom

Phantom New Member

This thread should have been preceded by a commercial for AXE body spray. :)
  8. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Please post some photos as your puppet progresses. I'd love to see how your work evolves. And I'm saying this from an artistic perspective, not a "oh man, I wanna see a naked puppet chick" pervert perspective! Ha!
  9. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

OMG! What IS this?!:eek:
  10. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

It's a neat thread talking about wanting to create a female puppet with some perky sweater puppies. That's all. XD

It seems lewd at first, but reading farther into it, it's just an attempt to make a better puppet from my own opinion at least. XD
  11. D'Snowth

...Kathy........
  12. mummytomb

mummytomb Member

Boobies!
    Just like anything else you have to Create the shape. No Problem. Just picture 2 Berts looking for a contact lens.
  13. Puppetplanet

Puppetplanet Member

*cracking up laughing*

I managed to retain a sense of professionalism reading this thread.... all the way up to that last comment about "Bert heads". :D
  14. mrhogg

mrhogg New Member

My breast pattern is for reasonable sized breasts, I guess. For super-crazy-large breasts, I suppose you could use foam balls, and just wrap fabric over them.

I just made an album to show how I built my female puppet: http://bubbleshare.com/myalbum/31625.ea8514d9a97/767703/thumbnails

I took fewer pictures during the construction than I thought I had, but here's one where you can see what it looks like with the breasts attached to the body:
    http://bubbleshare.com/myalbum/31625.ea8514d9a97/767704

As far as the application goes, I glued the breasts onto the body segment, then glued the fabric over it (it involved some cutting, but as I was winging it, I don't have a pattern to share, unfortunately).

I should mention that I didn't make any nipples, but if you need them, I'd suggest either putting them on the clothes (to make the fabric covering simpler), or scuplting a little nub out of foam (or maybe use something harder, like a pencil eraser, as I imagine the fabric pressure would make it... um... smaller).
  15. D'Snowth

I spilled my Puffies!
  16. puppetise

puppetise Member

thnx guys i built tesst ones ill mess around with the pattern to get it right
  17. mrhogg

mrhogg New Member

I hope you're able to get the effect you're looking for, puppetise. I'd love to see pictures when you've got something to show.
  18. puppetise

puppetise Member

19. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

For some characters we're building for an internet show that's opposite the scale of things than what I do with Muley, I just took the fabric and cut some circles out, stitched around the edge and pulled it tight around some polyester. It works for the characters we're doing.

And for the old woman, we made two small bags that we'll sew into place inside her neck and leave them stuffed (probably with some bean bags inside) so they hang low and flop when needed.
  20. mrhogg

mrhogg New Member

That's a really good idea, Fozzie.