Making graphic novels out of TV shows and movies

Xerus

Reaction score
I've noticed that they've been making a lot of cool graphic novels out of movies and old TV shows.

I really enjoyed the Pixar comics like Cars, Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, Wall-E, and The Incredibles. Seeing these familiar characters in brand new stories.

I also enjoyed the new Muppet graphic novels. Seeing the Muppet Show in new situations as well as telling classic tales like Robin Hood, Peter Pan, and Sherlock Holmes.

I really think it's great that they made graphic novels out of old shows like Space 1999, Fraggle Rock, Ducktales, Chip N' Dale Rescue Rangers, and Darkwing Duck. It's like being reunited with old friends.

And they've made graphic novels out of Adventure Time and continuing stories with Avatar the Last Airbender.

What shows and movies would you love to see made into graphic novels? I would really like to see FOX's Attack of the Killer Tomatoes cartoon with new stories. And maybe a new Meet the Robinsons story or one about Bolt.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Know what I hate when they make TV Shows and movies into graphic novels? Cinemanga. Crappily taking screen shots and adding word balloons. I'm not a huge fan of direct adaptions of episodes/movies... but at least give me original artwork. Even if it sucks.

Xerus

Reaction score
Know what I hate when they make TV Shows and movies into graphic novels? Cinemanga. Crappily taking screen shots and adding word balloons. I'm not a huge fan of direct adaptions of episodes/movies... but at least give me original artwork. Even if it sucks.
I've seen something like that when I found a Transformers Prime graphic novel. They just had scenes from the first show and put word balloons next to them.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
If a graphic novel of Buffy the Vampire slayer doesn't already exist, it should.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There are Buffy comic books out there. Possibly collected into GN form.