ManaMana - doo de doo doo doo???

manamana

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently become fixated on the song from Sesame Street "Manamana". I read something totally unrelated to the muppets, and it flashed through my head. Now my husband and I are sort of arguing about what muppet sang/danced to it.

Anyone remember? I seem to remember these tube/slinky muppets that were orange or red, with fuzzy ends. They danced to the music, but someone else mentions a blue headed guy.

Anyone care to jump in, and does anyone have a pic of the muppet that sang it? It was and still is my fave muppet song.

Thanks!:excited:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
One final thing--Anathema's avatar is Mahna Mahna.

manamana

Reaction score
Thanks! I did look at the character guide, thanks so much for that link BTW...the ones I remember dancing to the song are the "Dancing Slinkies"

http://www.kermitage.com/html/characterindex/tms/characterde.html

4th character down.

But I remember their appearance to be a bit different. Longer fuzzies on the tube ends, and maybe different eyes. This would probably be in the late 60's to mid/late 70's area. My mom even remembers the Dancing Slinkies dancing to Mahna Mahna. Hm..maybe it was just a few times on the show or something..or once and just the most memorable :smile:

manamana

Reaction score
Oh, and there's a 404 File not found on the mp3. I did find a version on the peet file sharing networks, the title says Animal sang it, and it sounds alot like Animal. I don't remember the hippie, so maybe the voices are alike.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Animal never sang the Mahna Mahna song despite where you find him credited as such. This is a misconception brought about by non-fans who didn't know his name so they guessed that it was Animal because the voice was crazy and scratchy. This misconception carried over into a remix of the tune as found on my site, Back Stage Left.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
So, then, he's purple with a pink nose, huh? Lime green fur body and bright orange feathery hair with yellow aorund his eyes?

mikealan

Reaction score
I have the Muppet Show version of Mahna Mahna on the Juiet Prowse episode of The Muppet Show on Time-Life Muppet Show video volume number 15. I, of course, have the original Sesame Street version of Mahna Mahna from 1969 on the Rainstorm episode from 1972 of Sesame Street Unpaved.

The different Mahna Mahna on Sesame Street wears sunglasses and sings Everybody's Song and Scratch My Back. I have the Scratch My Back song with Mahna Mahna on tape that has parts of the 1987-88 season of SS ("My first Sesame Street").

I surely do remember seeing the other different Mahna Mahna singing Fat Cat Sat Hat on Sesame Street Unpaved-episode #536 at the Museum of Television & Radio, too!