Manhattan Toy Mokey review

beakerfan76

Reaction score
If you guys recall, Manhattan Toy released Fraggle Rock plushies, and based on most reactions, they're a mixed bag. I happened to have gotten my hands on Mokey (Y'know, the one who retailers didn't want Sababa ro produce? :boo: ) recently from Amazon, and I feel I should let other guys who don't have her yet know if it's worth the investment.

First off, I am impressed by her size. It may be a stretch, but she may be actual size in comparison to the puppet. She feels very soft on both her skin and robe/cardigan/coat/whatever you want to call it. Her mouth, compared to other fraggle plushies, can actually be made to stay a bit closed instead of gaping open like previous ones.

Needless to say, there are a few flaws. First of all, her complexion is a bit light compared to her puppet counterpart. Also, her tail is a bit on the short side. Same goes for her hair, which they were a tiny bit stingy on it, but they could have done worse. The only other flaw is probably an error that can be fixed, but the way her eyes are positioned in accordance to the stuffing in the head make her look a bit googly eyed. As I said, this can be fixed.

All in all, though not perfect, Mokey will make a great addition to any Fraggle/Muppet/Henson collection. I'll end by saying this, the plush in real life is WAY better than the stock image. I will be getting the other Manhattan Toy fraggles and I will let you know if I have the same sentiment with them as I have with Mokey. I'll go ahead and give you a clue on who's next....:coy:

Overall score-7.8/10

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wish Manhattan would release smaller Fraggle Plush in the scale of these Sababa plush, so I could get a Mokey in that scale.

But I did finally see these things, and I like them... I dunno about the plush eyes (vs. the plastic eyes of the Sababa set), but I might just pick at least Boober or Mokey up.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
I know what you mean scale wise. I know Mokey was a bit taller than Red, but she justs dwarfs my poor Sababa Red.

As for the plush eyes, It doesn't really matter to me, since my Red has plastic eyes and Mokey has the plush eyes. Like I said, one flaw with her was the skin tone being a bit on the light side.

I'm personally getting Wembley next. :coy: According to some sources, they say his head shape isn't right (At least the snout part) so if anyone could clear that up, that'd be great, since my only thing to judge as of now is a stock pic. I may get Boober and Gobo soon, possibly get Manhattan's version of Red if I'm really feeling froggy, granted I can get a better price, since I find the $25 buck price tags are a bit overkill. :excited:

But yeah, aside from the flaws I mentioned, Mokey is certainly worth the price of admission, simply because they decided to make her. BTW, if they make Travelling Matt, I'm buying him faster than you can say "Oh look, Ma, a fwaggle!"