Manimal

King Prawn

Reaction score
There's a new book coming out soon not sure when titled Manimal all about Muppet Animal's.

that's all i know

scarecroe

Reaction score
Interesting. The Barnes and Noble Listing calls it Manimal: The Irreverent Fashion Title Presents a Book Dedicated to Animal from the Muppets. It's being published by Vision On Publishing which appears to primarily focus on art and photography books. Hardcover, 192pp, to be published in June.

You know, this is great and everything, but Animal's not a very complex character (and not really one of my personal favorites). How much can one go into Animal in 192 pages? Granted that if Henson went with Vision On for the sole purpose that they are an art and photo publisher primarily that it will mostly be Animal pics, but I wonder just how much material can be spread out within an entire book.

I'm reminded of the "Evening With Jim Henson and Frank Oz" tape from the Puppeteers of America when Frank brings Animal out for a bit of conversation. All he can muster is a few confused mumbles in response to Kermit and after a few minutes Frank puts him away and says, "and that's pretty much it for Animal," meaning that's as far as his complexity goes.

The book sounds interesting just the same. I'll be looking forward to it. Thanks for passing on the information!

By the way, Amazon has a listing for it too, with the same ISBN, specs and similar release date, but it's fairly obvious that they have the review confused with another title.

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
YAY!!!!

An Animal book?!?! Too good to be true!!! I was a little suprised at the length of the book, but who cares? IT'S ANIMAL!!!

Must go pre-order now!!!

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
I pre-ordered it from Amazon for only $24.50! :big_grin:

If I get some book about a bad 80's action TV series where a guy can turn into different animals, I'm gonna be miffed.... :mad:

Foreignman

Reaction score
Animal has plenty to say! I can picture the chapter on women right now, it would go something like this.
Animal on Women
Woman, woman, woman, woman, woman, woman, woman. Woman, woman, woman, woman, woman, woman, woman. Woman, woman, woman, woman, woman, woman, woman. Woman, woman, woman, woman, woman, woman, woman, WOMAN!!!

Joggy

Reaction score
"Animal's personality can be summed up in five words: Sex, sleep, food, drums, and pain. That's Animal. You don't mess with Animal. He eats glass. You just don't mess with that, maaaaan." - Frank Oz, Henson's Place.

Heh, why not a book about Rowlf? Now THAT would be cool! Including sheet music for his best songs...

Smig

Reaction score
This is the description of the book I found at amazon .com. sounds like it has nothing to do with muppets at all.

Manimal
by Rank, John Askew (Contributor), Jim Starr (Contributor), Valerie Phillips (Contributor), The Makers Of Rank

List Price: $35.00
Our Price: $24.50
You Save: $10.50 (30%)

This item will be published on July 3, 2002. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.
Hardcover: 192 pages; (July 3, 2002) More product details

Editorial Reviews

Book Description
Featuring cats and dogs in lingerie, models on all fours, desolate farm landscapes in the aftermath of foot-and-mouth disease, portraits of British butchers and Swedish hunters, dog hairstyles and party animals, Animal is a new encounter with our furry friends. At turns hilarious, heartfelt and always visually arresting, the book can be read on whatever level you choose - a brilliantly funny concept executed by the most innovative photographers, illustrators and writers around, or a creative meditation on the myriad interactions between human culture and the animal kingdom. Animal is the year's most surprising and refreshing art book. Under the creative direction of Rankin, commissioned by Rank Editor Miranda Robson and designed by Bump, Animal has the creative credentials to ensure its absurdity is taken seriously. Diverse, entertaining, and unlike anything you've ever seen, Animal is led by a subversive wit and executed in cutting-edge style.

Confused? I am.

Smig