1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Many signatures are to long

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Thijs, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Thijs

Thijs Member

Some people have so long signatures, that most of the time the signature is longer then the post itself. That's annoying when scrolling threads. Shouldn't the maximum signature length be lower? Or let the signature be in a smaller font. Or both. I still think this is the best forum on the web, but this would make it better.
  2. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

I agree, I try not to make mine to long, when i change them
  3. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

mine is short, sweet, and to the point

Sarah
  4. Kye

Kye Member

How long is too long?:o
  5. anathema

anathema Active Member

"War and Peace"?
  6. The Flying Sheep

The Flying Sheep New Member

Mine is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to long, and I'll be changing it in the next few hours.
  7. Thijs

Thijs Member

4 lines is good:)
  8. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

*shrugs* I like my sig just fine, thank you. And I ain't gonna be changing it just because someone is complaining that some sigs are longer than the posts.

-Kim
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Your name, site link and maybe one short quote is appropriate. I agree with a 4 line length. Some members have several lengthy quotes at the bottom of their posts and it does get rather irritating. It's not new information to us fans, but it is fun to include a brief Muppetism. The signature shouldn't be longer than the post itself. :eek: Identity is cool, but we should all be respectful of our fellow members. :)
  10. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

11. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

Do you think mine is too long ?

I hope not 'cause i like it - :D
  12. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

LoL!

I try to keep mine down to size. It has gotten bigger over the time I've spent here (it was originally just the "Medley" quote), but I don't think it is as obnoxious as some of the huger ones. I mean, I have a million things I could put in there. I just don't want to inconvience my fellow posters.

-Matt
  13. anathema

anathema Active Member

The worst one I've seen (on another board ;-) was someone who had an entire Garfield strip in his sig. I wouldn't have minded so much if the image had been, like, the current strip and updated daily, but seeing the same one over and over got a bit dull after a while, 'specially as it was in German!
  14. Thijs

Thijs Member

No, your signatures are not to long. But some have 30 lines signatures (like chef/beakerfan had, he already changed it now) wich is to long i think
  15. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

Re: Guys,

Yes yours is too long.
  16. Luke

Luke Active Member

Re: Re: Guys,

No, he meant his signature, not his hair ! :rolleyes:
  17. Thijs

Thijs Member

Re: Re: Guys,

maybe you should only show the quotes itself, not who said it, then it would be good
  18. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think 4 lines including the name and any links is about right, hopeully that's what'll make it into the guidelines or something. I think one Muppet quote is ok, but i don't see the need for like 2 or 3, it's gets annoying seeing them EVERY time someone posts especially as most people here are hardcore fans anyway. It'd be nice if people rotated things in their sigs every week or two to make it fresh.

I definitely agree with Jamie that people shrugging and having a 'who cares?' attitude is not needed around here, the forums for everybody, not just one individual. If you are posting something that is shorter than your sig it would be the courteous thing just to untick the 'show signature' and leave it out for that post !
  19. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

My signature is a little long (but it's not too long, or at least I hope it isn't), and I know it is.

I'm just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too lazy to change it.

When people start chasing after me with flaming torches and pitchforks, I *might* consider changing it...

:D