Mars Needs Moms

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Is it still in the theaters? I'm not keen on the trailers. It reportedly cost over $200,000,000 to make and promote, yet has only made $12,000,000 worldwide in it's first week. That's why Disney axed their involvement with Zemekis' other plans for similar-looking films. I'm looking forward to the upcoming Toy Story short subjects, but Mars Needs Moms is one of the few pictures I have no interest in watching.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Of course it's still in theaters. It only came out last week exactly at the time of this writing.

I've never seen a movie bomb so badly they pulled it after a week. Heck, I know some that stay at certain theaters, even after flopping, for more than a month.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Did anyone get a chance to see the film this past weekend? If so, what did you think? If not, is anyone planning on seeing it this weekend?
Hi, Disney Market Research People! How are you today?

Regarding your questions about Mars Needs Mom, i ufortunately have zero plans or interest at this time of seeing it (or African Cate, Cars 2, Potc, Tangled or any of the other pojects you've asked us about here) as i'm not currently watching or supporting any Disney projects/holdings/properties (with the Muppets obviously being the sole exception)

For more detailed information as to why that is, you're invited to view this threadL http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=53014 as well as the link contained in it.

Have a good day.

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
It's a shame. I don't think Zemeckis has done anything well since Forrest Gump. :sympathy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It happens with directors, especially older ones. They rely too much on shiny new technology, they don't care about the project's quality. Sure, they like to say they're kids in a candy store, but let's be honest... they think it's the only way to stay relevant... or else they fool themselves into thinking that they needed it all along. Lucas, Spielberg... all of them think their movies are better with more shiny and less substance.

Motion capture is best for video games. I prefer completely original CGI animation. I'm glad Pixar makes it appoint to point that out.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It happens with directors, especially older ones. They rely too much on shiny new technology, they don't care about the project's quality. Sure, they like to say they're kids in a candy store, but let's be honest... they think it's the only way to stay relevant... or else they fool themselves into thinking that they needed it all along. Lucas, Spielberg... all of them think their movies are better with more shiny and less substance.

Motion capture is best for video games. I prefer completely original CGI animation. I'm glad Pixar makes it appoint to point that out.
Zemekis still hasn't learned his lesson. He's reportedly doing another motion capture film about (listen to this) garden gnomes and plans to resurrect his ImageMovers team to do it. Wonderful! :grouchy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Zemekis still hasn't learned his lesson. He's reportedly doing another motion capture film about (listen to this) garden gnomes and plans to resurrect his ImageMovers team to do it. Wonderful! :grouchy:
Ah, come now... it couldn't be any worse than the film that should never speak of its name.

Still, I hope Garden Dwarves don't become some idiotic fad, especially the only reason why said unspeakable act of theatrical cruelty used Lawn Elfs was because they willfully wanted to rip off Toy Story's things that come to life when no one's looking scthick. Difference there? Toy Story did it RIGHT!

But really... motion capture doesn't look right to begin with, but if he absobrrroutley positively needs to make more MoCaps, he should at LEAST consider Monster House. That was the one good looking one.

Xerus

Reaction score
Mars Needs Moms had it's good parts too. I think that kid Milo is funny, especially the scene where he fed broccoli to the cat. And I like the male aliens who were living the party life and the martian girl, Ki, was neat too. And I like the live action scenes in the end where it showed Seth Green in the computerized body suit, reciting Milo's lines.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Like I waid, I will reserve judgement until I see it because judging if you like something or not by the way it looks seems...well...you know. Dont judge a book by its cover. I happen to like seth green so maybe I'll like it *shrugs*

Drtooth

Reaction score
You're reserving judgement on a film he was erased from. :smile: