1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Maryland honors Jim Henson for his 70th birthday

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Phillip, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I wish I coul make it, sounds fun!
  3. zns

zns Active Member

Is the event only for one day or does it run throughout the whole weekend? I know that the screenings go 'till June 2007 but I am just curious about the rest of the exhibit.
  4. zeldazipple

zeldazipple New Member

Wow!

That sound like a once in a life time event shame I live in Canada though or I would defently go to this.
  5. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

i may have to jump down sunday
  6. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Wow, that's right; Jim Henson would have turned 70 this year.
  7. zns

zns Active Member

For me, I'm pretty frustrated that this was not announced sooner. Why did they wait untill now to tell us that it would be tomorrow?
  8. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

Again all the fun things happen on the extemities of the US. First California with that animatronics exhibit, plus this. Have something in the central US for once please!
  9. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Don't think I've seen many pictures of him as a much younger man I figure he had to have been about 20 when that photo of him was taken.
  10. zeldazipple

zeldazipple New Member

The youngest picture I remember seeing of Jim was in Jim Henson the works. There was a picture of him when he was an infant probably a year old, the youngest one next to that was when he was probably 3 than the one when he was 18.
  11. KillerOwl

KillerOwl New Member

Thanks! I was already planning on heading over there this afternoon but now I have a better idea of what to look forward to!:D
  12. Brinatello

Brinatello New Member

I noticed that too and thought, wow, it would have been a milestone for him. And like Carroll Spinney, he would still be holding up that frog even now. I hope whoever attends this event has a wonderful and memorable experience!
  13. MrsWembly

MrsWembly New Member

awwww....

I am soooo jealous.....I wish I could have been there. But even though I can't, I'm still glad they are doing it. Jim deserves it! I bet his wife is a great lady! :) :sympathy: :p

“Bear left! Right frog!” - The Muppet Movie