1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Master Replicas Kermit The Frog Dissected

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Buck-Beaver, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

2. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I can't believe someone would pay $199 for a replica Kermit just to cut it up into pieces. That's crazy. :concern:
  3. Teenager's

Teenager's Member

It's just an expensive learning expierience I suppose....you know to learn the materials, technique, and to "practice their taking apart a puppet skills." It also may be possible they have 2 of the kermits.
  4. Muppet Loverr

Muppet Loverr Member

wow. it kool that someone could do that for us, kudos
  5. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

there are going to be many copies of kermit out there after this.
  6. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

and this is the reason the Replicas werea Bad idea from the get go,

soon thier will be a flood of Knock offs all over Ebay
  7. Only an experienced puppet builder would know how to cut and put together a Kermit replica from that photo. Anyone with that kind of knowledge would be able to create a pretty good replica Kermit anyway. It's nice to see the detail that goes into making something like that.
  8. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

I hope this does not ruin any chance of us getting more replicas from MR. Bad Idea. At least bad idea to promote such a deed.
    Should have kept it under covers at least.

SHeesh:)
  9. SurfPark

SurfPark New Member

I don't think it will hurt things. People that want official replicas are going to shoot for the real deal. The puppets released from Master Replicas come with certification of authenticity. Also, its not fair to say that the person that is dissecting Kermit is doing so to make a profit.

It would be empowering to have Muppet patterns online (being sold). People want to make their own for their own collections. You can't knock them for that.
  10. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

Still Think the replicas were a Bad idea,

why would you want a Taxedermied Kermit,Fozzie,Animal, etc.etc,
    the characters belong on the screen were they live and breath , not collecting dust on shelf in a bedroom, or living room,
  11. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

People like to have "taxedermied" muppets because people like myself, enjoy them that much, that we want to have a constant reminder of them, without having to turn on the TV or going to the Movies to only see them.That is what merchandising is all about-to have your own version of them to display to look at and recall their antics.It is a buzz to think you have someone famous in your house!
  12. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

with out the animous that is the performer, they are just dead things on your walls and shelf
  13. That's the beauty of the poseable replica. You can bend and mould the character into something that looks real. They almost look alive alive if you pose them right.
  14. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

I'm sorry to knock an otherwise talented performer like Steve Whitmire, but I think the Kermit voice on the DVD menus of the Season 2 Muppet Show set is terrible. Looking at my posed Kermit gives me more pleasure than listening to that.

:p
  15. That's one of the problems when you mix the modern day Muppets with the classic 70s Muppets. Steve does an amazing job but you can really tell the difference when you hear his and Jim's Kermits one after the other.
  16. SurfPark

SurfPark New Member

Wow, off topic guys. :)
  17. Bear Man

Bear Man Member

For exactly the same reason that people want any other form of merchandising (be it action figures, stuffed toys, diecast cars, high-end replicas, photos, posters, whatever...) from any property, be it Muppets or something else - to be reminded of something that they enjoy, to be able to interact with it in a physical way not possible from watching it on screen, or simply because "it looks cool".

I can understand why you might have concerns over unlicensed reproductions being made from these replicas (especially as you have personally devoted many hours of your working life to creating and maintaining them) but I honestly can't understand why you would object to them because they don't have a performer bringing them to life.
  18. Phantom

Phantom New Member

After all of this, I'm getting rid of all of my family photos.
  19. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

not even a close compariosn, it more like having your pet dog or cat stuffed and mounted after they pass on, unless of course thats whay you do to family members as well
    LOL
  20. spcglider

spcglider Member

Okay...time to diverge for a moment and tell a couple creepy stories.

First, Roy Rogers DID have Trigger and Buttercup and his dogs taxidermied after they died.

Kinda gross.

Second, there was a man in Anoka, Minnesota who had is WIFE taxidermied after she died. he kept her in a case out in the yard facing the kitchen window so he could wake up in the morning and have coffee and look out into the yard and see her every day.

REALLY gross.

So, when Steve Whitmire dies, we should stuff him and auction him off. Then people can display him with their dead, stuffed Kermit.

-Gordon