Matrix and Muppets: A Day To Remember

beaker

Reaction score
Today(err, well I guess thatd technically be yesterday) was a day I'll never forget...it was a day where I took the green pill, and found out just how deep Oscar the Grouch's can went.

Earlier in the day I had seen the *other* green excitement...
The Matrix Reloaded; which had to be one of the most astonishing things I have ever seen. Mere words cannot describe
this concerto of jaw dropping visuals, sounds, and ideas. I don;t think I've ever had a breathless movie experience since I saw Return of the Jedi in theatres when I was 5.

Finally it was back to the freeway which was a little surreal, given
the epic climatic car chase battle sequence used a lot of the same background/scenery as the freeway going from San Francisco to Berkeley. And then it was time...time to see the green keymaker.

I arrived at Cody's Books a little late, and right away I could see Caroll at a podium in front of a nice crowd talking a little about
stories from the book and taking q&a's...I snuck up all the way to the front with camera in tow...as then...a moment I had been waiting for some time. Having been in awe of Sesame Street and The Muppets since I was practically an embryo, I had been a huge fan of Oscar the grouch since before I could even crawl...and my goodness, here he was in person, the actual* Oscar, a real Muppet right in front of me. wow.

This would of course be the second time I would encounter a real life Muppet in the flesh, and a Muppeteer(or two:wink: ) An encounter with a Muppet in real life is really beyond words, as I and everyone else was just transfixed as he greeted with some of the audience and the kids who came. Though I had missed it,
he also had Oscar earlier at the podium giving some anecdotes and talking to the crowd with an impromptu aca pella.

It was really great meeting Carrol who right away noticed my Beaker shirt. I asked him about Muppetfest, and he said that he would love to be at the next Muppetfest whenever it happens, given he has a place in NYC(where it would most likely be) So that is very cool news. He also mentioned that he was never asked to be at Muppetfest 2001 which was odd, given he has a place in the area.

I also got to talk with Karen Prell(AKA Red Fraggle) who is always so warm and funny. We talked a little about a Fraggle reunuion of some sort at a future Muppetfest. We touched a little about the condition of the Fraggle puppets. she said they had brought some out at the private June 2002 Fraggle Muppeteer 20th reunion and they were pretty bad shape. She mentioned though that shed love to have some sort of Fraggle type thing if they can somehow have the puppets available(I guess refurbished ones)
I also got to meet "G"(Boober_Gorg) and his very gracious and cool parents which was a treat. Karen's 'jack of all trades' husband Mike Quinn was also there which was cool(if theres any kick butt 80's film like the Star Wars films, JHC CS film, Muppet special, etc chances are he might have worked on it)

So all in all, it was a very cool day. I took the green pill, and I saw just how deep Oscar's can went.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Very cool, Cory--sounds like you had a great day. I'm insanely jealous, but I was already insane, so it was just one more step, eh?

:eek: :concern:

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

electricmayhem

Reaction score
That sounds like just about the best day ever!!:big_grin: I'm glad you had so much fun!!:excited: :zany:

beaker

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yeah it truly was a special day. Ack, I wish Dave would have showed up to the Berkeley Caroll signing tho^_^;;

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Ack, I wish Dave would have showed up to the Berkeley Caroll signing tho^_^;;
I wish he would have showed up at the Naperville signing!:big_grin: