Matt Ficner

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I was looking at a danish newspaper database and I found an article about a danish puppet called Harry used in comercials for the danish railroads. The performer is a guy called Matt Ficner. The article says that he had done the hands for the Swedish Chef on TMS. Could that be true, I thought that it was Franks hands.:confused:
I can't remember seeing Matt Ficner's name on any Henson credits

Beauregard

Reaction score
NOT TRUE< NOT TRUE< NOT TRUE<

That can't be true because it was Frank.

HELLP

Call the police, the firemen, FIRE FIRE>

Hazzard warning

Beau:rolleyes:{I am going to shut up now, ok}regard

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard

Beau:rolleyes:{I am going to shut up now, ok}regard
Yes, please do. :smile:

Beauregard is correct. They were Frank's hands. This guy may have started the rumor to create some popularity for himself, or the article was gravely mistaken.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Well I was preatty sure it was Frank.
But I just had to be sure. It's in serveral articles that I have seen lately. And I could not place him in TMS.
Thanks for assuring me about it.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
No problem.

Hey, you might want to write to these places that are saying this and inform them that they're incorrect. Maybe they'll post a retraction.

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Matt Ficner has assisted with the Swedish Chef, but not on The Muppet Show. I'm sure the error came in translation, and not from Matt. Matt is currently working on "Ace Lightning".

secret squirrel

muppet_dk

Reaction score
you might want to write to these places that are saying this and inform them that they're incorrect
Some of the articles are over a year old so it's kind of late to do that. And I don't think they would do a retraction on it anyway.
By the way I did correct a danish movie site about Dave Goelz saying that he was known for doing the Chef on TMS. I told them that i was only in MFS that he did him. I just got an answer to today saying that they have changed it.

Secret Squirrel do you know what produktion he did it on ???

There's something rotten in the state of Denmark when it comes to the Swedish Chef and TMS :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Oh, okay.

Actually, I don't think Dave did play him in MFS, although I'm probably wrong. I thought it was Bill Barretta who played him in MFS. Ah, well. Maybe not.

Originally posted by Secret Squirrel
Matt Ficner has assisted with the Swedish Chef, but not on The Muppet Show. I'm sure the error came in translation, and not from Matt. Matt is currently working on "Ace Lightning".

secret squirrel
That's interesting. It's good to have someone on here that knows what he's talking about! :smile: What Mupet production did he do?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Oh, okay. Thanks.

Man! It seems someone different's playing him each time now!