Matt's visit with the King of Country!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well all, prepare for another entertaining concert report from your good buddy Cantus, for I am setting off in about 10 minutes to see the original King of Country, the one, the only, Willie Nelson!!

As always, I shall report the events in full detail this evening when I return. Funny thing is, the show is at the same venue that my lovely family and I saw the B-52's. (Its strange because the venue isn't a very widely known one. I love it there though, so hopefully its up and coming and there will be more cool shows there in the future.)

For those of you who are saying to yourself "Matt..country...HUH?!", I know its a bit out of character for me. But, as I have always stated, I'm on many, many levels, especially music-wise. Willie makes great music, and though I am not really a fan of modern country, I can always get into some classics. Also, my grandmother is a Willie Nelson fanatic (the type that waits 4 hours in the snow outside his tour bus to meet him), so my dad was basically brought up on him, and thus some of it rubbed off on me. I'm not the boot-wearin' cowboy-hatted yee-hawin' type, but I know good sounds when I hear em. :smile:

In addition, my mother tells me today is Mr. Nelsons birthday, so on top of his normal phenominal stage show, we should have some good extras due to that.

And with that, I am off! I'll tell ya aaaaalll about it when I get home! :big_grin:

-Matt

Luke

Reaction score
He was very good in 'Wag The Dog' !!! Have fun Matt ! :big_grin:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
He was very good in 'Wag The Dog' !!! Have fun Matt ! :big_grin:
Definitely was!!

So Matt...how was it??? Unless you posted that in another thread...?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Heh, musta slipped my mind. I'll post a full report tonight.

-Matt