Max as a phony officer

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the Muppet Movie, Max disguises himself as a police officer so that he can warn Kermit about the frog killer. Kermit then told Max to meet him at an old ghost town.

Now, Max probably warned Kermit without Doc Hoppers knowledge. I wodner how he would have explained to Doc how he knew Kermit was going to be waiting for him?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
There are a LOT of plot holes and things and such that I wonder about.

For example... in The Muppet Movie, the Muppets are actually supposed to be watching the movie about them. Sweetums is in the movie, right? So at some point, they would have had to get him to act in the movie. Yet at the end, he pops out and says "I knew I'd catch up with you guys!"

Did that make sense? Oh well. :rolleyes:

Despite all this, it's one of my favorite movies of all-time. You know a movie is special when you can get post the minor flaws and accept it for what it is.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Speed Tracer said:
There are a LOT of plot holes and things and such that I wonder about.

For example... in The Muppet Movie, the Muppets are actually supposed to be watching the movie about them. Sweetums is in the movie, right? So at some point, they would have had to get him to act in the movie. Yet at the end, he pops out and says "I knew I'd catch up with you guys!"

Did that make sense? Oh well. :rolleyes:

Despite all this, it's one of my favorite movies of all-time. You know a movie is special when you can get post the minor flaws and accept it for what it is.
I loved the parts where they acknowledge that it is a movie, with Fozzie giving Dr. Teeth the script to read, and stuff like that.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Yeah, that stuff is great. I'd actually like to see Dr. Teeth act out everything in the movie up to that point.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Maybe the Muppets made a movie within a movie to keep the audience entertained.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wrote a fan fiction called "Sweetums' Incredible Journey to Hollywood", which followed Swetums' point of view of what happened, and I beleive that I had it explained that he did catch up with the muppets and was just late to the screening (in addition to being left behind).

One thing that I do wonder, though. Sweetums had three scenes in the movie. There was his intropductions cene, which ended with him chasng the car. Then he was seen running out of a tent at the carnival (after the muppets had left the carnival). Then we don't see Sweetums again untill the end, when he ran through the screen. I wonder if there were any other scenes with sweetums, making him being left behind more of a running gag. It seems strange that they would make one random appearance of him still trying to find the muppets, but not do more with it. He could have showed up during the muppets showdown with Doc Hopper, or he could have showed up in the desert.

At Tough Pigs, there was an anthology that described a draft of the script, and it didn't mention any extra scenes with Sweetums aside from what was in the movie, but on Tough Pigs it also didn't mention whetehr the scene with Sweetums running out of the tent was in the script or not. Of course, that site didn't quote the entire script. But I do wodner if there were any extra scenes written if not deleted from the film that had Sweetums.