May 16th: Remembering Jim Henson

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Not sure if there's going to be a "Remembering Jim Henson" menu this weekend or not, but I thought it was worth noting that tomorrow (Sunday May 16th) is the 14th anniversary of Jim Henson's passing. A sad day. :cry:

Every year I put a small tribute up on the index page of my web site to mark the occasion. This year's should be visable here until Monday.

Anyone else know of any other tributes/memorials?

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I don't know of any tributes, but I always make a point of wearing my Muppet clothes on that day and on Sept. 24th. I guess that's a personal tribute.

It's strange what an effect that date has on me, when no one around me gives it a second thought. He's still missed very, very much. :cry:/ :smile:

McFraggle

Reaction score
It is truly hard to believe it has been 14 years, Jim's legacy will be around forever, though.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I miss his touch in all things JHC and Muppets and SS and ... everything. He's the father of our little family of fandom, because we all share the same loves and interests, and it's Jim who brought us all together.

I guess he succeeded at his mission, no?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
sadest of sad days

this truly will be one of the sadiest days of the year for me. i miss jim so much,and i know we all do. but i think Jim would waned me to keep going and not shut down today. lik i would want to. I have a young lady heart to try to win over so Mr. Henson whereever you are i could use a little bit of your magic today. i also cant sleep and need some help i start think of Jim and Richared and think that 99% of the people i look up to as role models are dead with the exception of Brian Henson.

My thoughts go out to the Henson family as well becaues i know that when loseing somone so dear to you it can be very hard on the day that you lost them.

Then i also think of Jims co workers and fellow preformers such as Frank Oz and others, i know that working with such a wonderfull person you would have to get close and i know that it was truly hard for all of them as well

And Finaly to the Muppets that Jim did i know that most are still around but they stiil dont have that personality that Jim had. Kermit : (Jim Henson was a guy that use to give me a hand. :smile: ) Muppets you will always live on in the hearts f your fans and keep up the magic and the laughter and the tears.

Yours truly
Dwayne

McFraggle

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I miss his touch in all things JHC and Muppets and SS and ... everything. He's the father of our little family of fandom, because we all share the same loves and interests, and it's Jim who brought us all together.

I guess he succeeded at his mission, no?
Yeah, definitely, just look at this board. There are people here from all over the world, from very different backgrounds, but we all have a common bond and that is Jim's creations.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Wow.14 years.Doesn't seem that long ago.<sniff>RIP my friend, RIP. :cry:

Erine81981

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
Just wanted to share a pic I drew earlier today. The Muppets as I remember them, happy, and always busy! Jim will always be missed.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=125188

Might have to color it in later...

Asome! U are one talented person. I can draw but not a pictures of the Muppets like that. I love it. The only thing I did is put up a picture on my wallpaper for the computer. Its the Bike sence from "The Great Muppet Caper."