Mayhem Matters

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
With every person there are faults. This goes the same for a Muppet. To some girls, being the only girl in an all-boy band would be a dream. That's what Janice thinks, or so she thought.

"And we'll see you next time on The Muppet Show!" These last lines were said by the buisness' favorite frog, Kermit. After the pit orchestra played the catchy end song and Statler and Waldorf gave their standard heckling comments about the show, the audience departed. The remaining Muppets onstage were Kermit, Janice, Dr. Teeth, Gonzo and the orchestra.

Backstage, Miss Piggy was impaitently waiting for her Kermie to come back and comment on her performance. All of the male members of the Electric Mayhem went down to the canteen for a coffee break, while Janice went into the dressing room to change back into her normal clothing. Dr. Teeth, for some reason, left the canteen pretty fast. Janice was just going into it, and all she heard was all she ever needed to hear, and to make matters worse, it was by her main man, Floyd. The cruel, cold words were simply these: "Man, why did the boss even hire her? She's the worse girl in the buisness."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes! Please continue as this is a story that shows great promise. Who knows, this could even be the chance to showcase those new bandmates we've talked about like Nurse Tongues, Hands, Kikit, and/or Sapia.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Part 2

Well! This comment almost blew Janice straight through the theater's wall. She would have slapped Floyd sensless, but then he would know she was eavesdropping. So, she simply settled down at a table as far away from the boys as possible and ordered a coffee, though it didn't taste too good, since there were teardrops in it.

On the ride back to the boarding house, Janice wouldn't say a word. Not to Dr. Teeth, Animal, Lips, Zoot, and especially Floyd. Dinner was the same. She didn't even say a mood-breaking comment when the group was asked for silence. That night, instead of going to bed, she packed up a suitcase with clothing for a week, a cellphone, her purse and her guitar. Then she just sneaked out of the house and took the bus with her.

Meanwhile, at a club on the other side of town, a group of four girls were performing. It consisted of Kikit on tambourine, Hands on flute, Sapia on steel drums and Nurse Tongues on keytar. It wasn't going so well. It seemed most of the patrons were leaving instead of coming. "Girls, that was our best performance yet!" said Kikit, being the leader. "How can you say that? Your lucky I don't shove my bullhorn in your ear." griped Hands. "Girls, girls! Let us contemplate on our actions and try again." said Nurse Tongues, trying to stop it before a fight starts. "NO GOOD! NO GOOD!" screamed Sapia, as loud as Animal would. A fight was about to start, until the door swung open and a shadowy figure said something they thougt they would never hear. "Girls, I rully need your help."

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<Stares.>

...WOW! Like, WOW! <GRINS!> <bounces bounces bounces> This is GOOD STUFF! You have DEFINITELY got my attention. I like the short chapters- one of those things I admire and can't even begin to do.

I do have one little suggestion, and that is to start a new paragraph when a new character talks. That makes it a little easier on us readers. Just a tip!

Other than that, this is AWESOME. I love that Janice didn't even make a mood-breaking comment when the group was asked for silence! And I am SO intrigued about Kikit, Hands, Sapia, and Nurse Tongues! Ooh, melikes, and me wants more! Tell me more! MORE PLEASE!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Wow! This is GREAT! The new band looks rully cool! Can't wait to see where this goes!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
This is awesome! Please keep going, I rully like that this story is like, all about Janice! :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ooh... Good stuff. Loved how Janice was stoic in her quietud or disquietud, depends on your POV. The new band! What is it Janice needs their help with?
Please post more!

Oh Lisa/Toga, if you want to know more about the new female band, check out the "New Characters Ideas" thread in the Classic Muppets section.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Ooh, as Lisa sead, very attention-grabbing! I'm like, rully excited about this story so far!
:flirt:

More please!

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Part 3

"So, that's just what happened?" asked Kikit. Janice had brought them all in the bus, which was now driving on the open road. She had told the four of them the heart-breaking story. She new them from the past. Before being in the Mayhem, she was in a band with them known as "The Fer Sure Five". They would tour all around the country, until Janice found herself in the Mayhem. She left the girls and gave the band leader's role to Kikit. After the band became "The Fer Sure Four", it all crumbled. Their rep was ruined. No longer was it glitzy lights and stretch limos, but dingy clubs and crowded subways. They were never the same.

The next morning, no one suspected a thing. The Mayhem just thought Janice went on her daily jog. Then they thought she just stopped for her morning latte. It all went to suspicion when they found the bus missing, along with Janice's purse, some of her outfits, and herself. As soon as lunch was over, the boys went on a search. They split up at all of her favorite places: the health food store, the health club, the day spa, the music store and the park. All places were Janice-less.

Meanwhile, the bus was going out of control. Sapia had the wheel, and was trying to eat it of it's hinges.

"Sapia, let go!" yelled Kikit.
"NO!" replied Sapia.

Strangely, Sapia agreed and left the driver's seat. Janice took her place back. As the others blew a sigh of relif, Janice drove on a dead end street.

"Girl, you do realise this is a dead end street, don't you?" asked Hands.
"Like, I know." replied Janice.

As soon as she said this, she pushed a red button with a white star that was on the dashboard. After she did, a swirling portal opened up and the bus drove into it.

"I must question on your actions." said Nurse Tongues, "Where are we going?"

"Oh, just a little place known as Free Country, USA." replied Janice.

As soon as this was said, the portal closed, the bus encased inside it.