MC Awards - We Need a Host

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Greetings, people! So... as a lot of you know, around this time every year, we here at Muppet Central Forum have The Somewhat-Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards. Now, usually, I play host for this great event but this year, due to my responsibilities with The Muppet Mindset, and a crazy little thing called school, I find myself unable to host the Awards Ceremony we always have. So... that's where you come in!

Yes, we're officially actively seeking a new host for this year's awards! This job is right up there with hosting the Emmys, the Oscars, the Golden Globes--and comes without all the media backlash! Interested? Why wouldn't you be? All you have to do (this year) is host The Somewhat-Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards Ceremony. I'll handle the vote gathering, award making, etc... so all you have to do is host and post! It's quite simple.

Well... if you are interested, there's a very simple way to apply for this hosting job. Just fill out the brief (two question) questionnaire below and email it to me at ryguy102390@gmail.com. Based on your answers me, and The Muppet Central Forum Awards Committee will vote and choose who we think is the most qualified forum member to host this year's awards.

The Somewhat-Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards Ceremony
2011 Hosting Application

(1) Why do you wish to host The 2011 Somewhat-Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards Ceremony?

(2) Why do you think you would make a good host of The 2011 Somewhat-Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards Ceremony?

Beakerfan

Reaction score
We're doing them? YAAAAAAAAAAY! Unfortunately I cannot host, but I look forward to the ceremony! :smile:

Puckrox

Reaction score
I would consider hosting, were it not for college, rehearsals, and the fact I've only been here *gasp* exactly one month today. I took forward to seeing it happen though!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm... for hosting duties, we need someone with gusto, someone knowledgable in all things not only Muppets, but MC as well, someone with a sense of humor that'll keep us laughing throughout the ceremony, someone who could use a little more involvement in the community...

For hosting duties, I nominate Oscarfan... and if we can't get him, then let's try for either Fenwick or Bob Blob... maybe Fenwick, Bob would probably kill the show somehow...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, but I don't really want to host. I'll probably cast a vote though!

King Rupert

Reaction score
If I may make a suggestion why not have the winners announce via video with a puppet/puppeteer doing the honors?

Plenty of talented people here... or better yet give everyone a shot and divy the categories out to the different puppeteers, I think this would be way more fun that a thread on awards.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If I may a suggestion why not have the winners announce via video with a puppet/puppeteer doing the honors?

Plenty of talented people here... or better yet give everyone a shot and divy the categories out to the different puppeteers, I think this would be way more fun that a thread on awards.
It'd have to be a really tight ship; we tried something like that a few years ago with a "talent show", but submissions and such were getting lost, people were forgetting who submitted what, etc.

King Rupert

Reaction score
Each puppeteer posts a youtube video... I dont think it needs to be a collective video although that would be sweet.