1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

MC Community: Where is it going?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by theprawncracker, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

I was a member here during the old Delphi days, then took a hiatus, then back again a few years ago.

Yeah, the old Delphi days were filled with a lot of fighting. I even remember Jerry Nelson commenting on one long debate about new vs. old Sesame Street. It was simply "sigh...(sound of teardrop)".

As for the Games/Hensonville/Dorms stuff, I've never gone there. Just had no interest. I usually pop in on the General Discussion or Sesame Street sections. (Not much news going on in some of the other sections).

I wrote a massive fan fiction, which I wrote just because it was fun to do. I try to focus on that and contribute to discussions when I can.

I don't see where all the reported drama is, but maybe it's in sections I don't read on MC. As of lately, I read up on what's happening here, Tough Pigs and the Muppet Mindset equally to get my Muppety fix.

Will the Cards section ever come back?

Convincing John
  2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

There's something I've really wanted to say for awhile and I think that having this thread bumped back up is probably the perfect time to say it...

She sells sea shells by the sea shore, fer sure!

*honks bicycle horn* *throws a pie in Snowth's face* *hurls a penguin* *runs away*

:zany:
  3. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

I thought a thought but the thought I thought was not the thought I thought I thought. :p
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

"So you mean to say they’ve taken what we thought we think and make us think we thought our thoughts we’ve been thinking our thoughts we think we thought? I think…"

Not Muppet related, but that reminded me of this. :insatiable:
  5. theprawncracker

What is that from? It's on the tip of my brain... but I can't come up with it.

Also... *squirts seltzer down Oscarfan's pants* *honks bicycle horn*
  6. Oscarfan

That's from SpongeBob ("Sandy's Rocket").

Also, jokes on you! These pants are seltzer wash only!
  7. theprawncracker

That's what I thought! I knew it was either Spongebob or Fairy Odd Parents. Figured it was the sponge.

...Holy crackers! They make seltzer wash only pants? Where'd you get those? I NEED some!
  8. Oscarfan

Switzerland, they've got a washer/drying shortage there.
  9. theprawncracker

Just amazing. Those Swiss... they may have holey cheese, but they certainly don't have holey brains!

Also, they're neutral. There's a joke in there somewhere... I'm sure you can find one yourself.
  10. Oscarfan

Holey cow, I don't think so!
  11. theprawncracker

Udderly ridiculous... Moo... Beef?
  12. Oscarfan

I have no beef with you!
  13. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Even though I have only been back a little while, I have noticed some "tension" in the forum. Mostly it seems that people are overly sensitive about things or lack any kind of understanding or acceptance of others oppinions. Friendly debates are ok, but i noticed some people just like to take things out of context and start to argue. I have also wondered why i keep coming back when if i want to listen to people argue i can go back to MIDDLE school. I know that it is impossible to get along with everyone, but there are better wAys to handle disagreements.
  14. theprawncracker

...Will you have chicken with me? I prepared a lovely dinner and I was hoping you'd sit and have it with me.
  15. Oscarfan

That doesn't sound foul to me.
  16. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing. ;)
  17. theprawncracker

You feelin' clucky, punk?
  18. Oscarfan

Are you egging me on?
  19. theprawncracker

You must be yolking!

Yeesh... talk about getting egg on your face.
  20. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

i've only been on MC for almost 2 years, so nothing has rully seemed to change within those 2 years. being one of MC's younger members, i sorta feel ignored. i dunno why, just seems that way. most other people on the forum are adults and here i am still in middle school. maybe i'm just used to drama because of being in middle school. who knows. i dunno. like, a lot of people on this forum aren't very...warm. i won't name names, but let's just put it that way. but then again, there are always a lot of people on any forum i've visited who aren't very "warm." i'm not saying MC is full of mean people, it's just i don't think that some people are very nice. and i think that's why drama and tension have been building in the MC community lately.