MC Dorms: 2009: Home for the Holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katzi428

Reaction score
coming inWow! Is it ever cold out! Listen...I'm sorry I'm late.I took a nap over my mom's. We'll go out to eat in a bit ,then I'll take you guys ice skating like I promised.
my roomies look at each other,then Rositaspeaks up
Rosita:Um,Kathy...you don't need to take us ice skating tonight. You have been very busy getting ready for your cruise.Plus decorating around here,helping us...
I don't mind taking you guys ice skating...I promised I would, right?
Prairie:We know,Kath. But you've been doing stuff for us. that you haven't been taken time to relax.
I will relax. On the cruise.But if you all really want to wait until after I come back.
they nod in agreement
OK then. How's about we order in a pizza?
Grover:Sounds good to me!
Rosita:Me too!
Prairie:Count me in too!
All right..so half meatball half sausage?
my roomies agree

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mama Odie? They named her after the dog? O-O.

*Getting ready for some N'Orlans football to see if they remain unbeaten.
*Gets popcorn for roomies and soda for myself as we tuck in to watch Letters To Santa afterwards as well.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Oh nos! Nora with a broken wrist? Those aren't any fun. I remember when I had a broken ankle back in high school.
Anything we can do to help? :concern:
*Leaves phone number to call us if you need anything, along with milk and sweet maple glazed 20 cookies.
Storyteller: Thanks for the cookies, Ed. The worst is over; the poor girl just needs tea and sympathy.
Scooter: And an air bag wouldn't hurt, either. How's the wrist?
Nora: The swelling's gone down a bit...but the doctor said keep the splint on it for a little while.
Beige: Yeah, and use lots of ice, and my great-uncle always recommended a few glasses of...hey, are those maple cookies?
Erin: Save some for us, Beige. (to Nora) Mrs. Farley sent over a care package with some books and cocoa...and she says there is now a 20-pound bag of rock salt in the basement at the shop.

Katzi428

Reaction score
snuggling on the couch
Prairie:You look nice and toasty warm! :wink:
Yeah...I am. Can I tell you all something?
Prairie:Sure!
Rosita:Of course!
Grover:What is it?
Welllll:embarrassed: It was so cold out before and I wasn't exactly looking forward to taking you out ice skating. So when you told me I didn't have to take you,I was relieved. There!I've said it! I won't blame you for being angry with me.
the three of them come over to me and hug me
Grover:Kathy...you are so silly sometimes!I am not mad at you!We are not little babies anymore
Oh I know.But I told you all I'd take you. But I had forgotten.So I told Prairie yesterday I'd take you today or tomorrow.It's just that it's very cold out and...
Prairie...and you don't want to get sick before your trip,right?
Right.Prairie,are you mad at me?
Prairie:No.Why should I be?
Rosita?
Rosita:Not at all!Like Prairie said you don't want to get sick.We'll ice skate another time.
Thanks you three gathering them all in a group hug You're all something special,you know that?
Grover:We love you too,Kathy.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Newsie (leaves a birthday card, the kind with song-playing abilities, under Ed's door)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Fata picks the card, placing it on the desk, as the other residents should be back from breakfast soon. Ish.

Katzi428

Reaction score
going to Room 1 w/a birthday card signed by all of us in Room 6 (plus Gaffer's pawprint) Enclosed in the card is a gift certificate to the Hensonville Mall

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank mew Kathy. Had a rockin' good breakfast. Gonna ankle out to Fuddrucker's for a late b'day lunch with the family. Oh, and the roomies send their gracious thanks for their Christmas presents.
*Uncle D in his new winter gray-white theater cloak and Count playing with the little dangling digits from his detachable wall-mounted bat-shaped pendelum plack.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Prairieseeing that !2 Days Of Christmas is on the radioOh NO!:eek:
Prairie...relax!It's almost over!They're down to Snuffy's part.
Prairie:Well,when I sing about the you-know -whats I'm turning it down & singing what I really want. OK...here we go...turning it down:sing:3 note books:sing: THERE!
giggling Happy now?
Prairie:YES!Why did I sing about wanting footballs? I'm a girl,for goodness sake!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know, I have a possible theory. Dunno if you remember or know about these, but there were these two-piece jigsaw puzzles with Sesame Muppets to teach counting from 1 to 20. The character with the number was one piece, and a matching number of items for each Muppet along with the word form of the number was on the other. Yes, Prairie was included in the set, 17 with seventeen jacks. But there was this lavender female Anything Muppet cheerleader with the 4 on her jersey, and four footballs. What I think is they maybe confused the characters? Especially since it was back in the early days of Sesame? Other than that, I'd write up the question of why Prairie sang about wanting 3 footballs for Christmas and send it to Steve at the MuppetCast to see if he'd forward it to Fran Brill in hopes of getting an answer.

Hope this helps. *Disappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.