MC Dorms: 2009: Summer Vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (crying in a goblin bar in Goblin City)

Hoggle (suddenly appears behind Ed & company): Ahhh, so someone DID come after all. *nods* Maybe you gots what it takes ta find Kelly at the center of the Labyrinth. Jest follows me. *takes out some keys* We'll use these ta skip to the hedge maze. Hopes ya don't mind goin' underground to the tunnels first.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Count and UD: Going underground? We practically unlive there! *Both chuckle at their own joke.
Lead on Hoggle. *Thinks if there'll still be some riddles to overcome. *Sends positive thoughts to Kells.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Hoggle (walking with Ed & company through the underground tunnels): Okay, here's we go. *they end up in a large brick room with multiple iron gates* Hm ... didn't realize there was puzzles down here. *each of nine gates, three on each wall, has a letter on it, clockwise, starting on the left wall* Hmm ... E, J, M, M, N, P, S, U, and V. Waits a minute ... there's a plaque on the wall. *reads* "Nine students changed their seats, leaving the teacher confused. Only when they sit right from left to right can you find yer home."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
UD: Hmmm...
Me: Well, the only problem is there are two M's.
UD: Why should that matter?
Me: Well, ordinarily I'd say it wouldn't. Count, count off as I go please.
Count: Certainly.

M = Mercury.
V = Venus.
E = Earth.
M = Mars.
J = Jupiter.
S = Saturn.
U = Uranus.
N = Neptune.
P = Pluto.
:batty: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9... Count up to 9 baby...

UD: Well, just place them how they should and let's see if these gates admit us through.
*All set to rearranging the 'students' awaiting the results.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Hoggle: Even if ya gets 'em in order ... which door do we go through?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... It says "find your home" right? So we go through the E-gate. That's the planet we call home.
*Gates of the letter E swing open.
So erm, shall we?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Hoggle (chuckles): Well, don't go braggin'. Sarah fell through more traps that way. *they head up a tall ladder and end up in the courtyard that lies between the stone maze and the hedge maze* Ah, here we are.

Kelly (singing bad karaoke and flinging boots to a grateful crowd of goblins)

Hoggle: Well, that was pleasant enough. *inhales deeply* Ah, the fresh scent of air above ground. *after walking for an hour, they find a small ceramic statue of a baby shackled to a branch in the hedges* That's ... different. *scratches head* There don't seem ta be in -- oh, wait, here they are. Ahem: "Know the words." *stares at the baby* There are musical notes written on it. Hmmm.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that's a toughy.
UD: You don't suppose it has to do with that old nursery rhyme, the one about the bough breaking?
Count: And down vill fall baby, cradle and all?
UD: Which might mean the shackles. *Reminisces wistfully at the baby shackles, thinking if he and Auntie E...

Erm, are there any other clues for solving this one Hoggle?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Hoggle: I bet Jareth's up ta this one. He likes music puzzles too. And the arrogant rat would probably reference his own stuff....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
UD: Mmm... So which spell to use...
Me: Snips and snails, puppy dog's tails.
Count: Thunder and lightning...

*OOC: How do I link to a song in my computer's files here?

Status
Not open for further replies.