MC Radio: Ernie and Bert

scarecroe

Reaction score
  • I don't think Ernie's "Imagine That" is on any of the CDs that have been released (correct me if I'm wrong). Which LP was this on? Such a cute song.
  • What's the new Ernie and Bert song about things in Ernie's head? I was in the other room when I heard it, but I'm pretty sure it was Frank and Steve. How old of a song is this?
  • Bert's "That's Love" is cute too. Again I heard it while I was in the other room. Was this Eric, and how old is the song?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think Ernie's "Imagine That" is on any of the CDs that have been released (correct me if I'm wrong). Which LP was this on? Such a cute song.
It was never on LP. The last full-length LP Sesame records came out around 1985 and this was recorded in the late 80's. The version on MC Radio is the same as what is on the show. They still show this song fairly frequently though (I think it even aired during this season).

What's the new Ernie and Bert song about things in Ernie's head? I was in the other room when I heard it, but I'm pretty sure it was Frank and Steve. How old of a song is this?
It was recorded about a year ago or so. The song is "Things That I Remember". It's GREAT to see visually as they both are reflecting on their friendship together and many classic clips are shown. I believe it is from episode 3999 if I remember correctly.

Bert's "That's Love" is cute too. Again I heard it while I was in the other room. Was this Eric, and how old is the song?
This one is from the mid-80's. Don't remember the exact date off-hand without checking. It's the version from the show. Bert is singing during a rehearsal for a Sesame Street pageant on love.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on those.

[sigh] So many great SS songs, and so few original albums released in the last decade. Most of them were all reissues of old LPs. I'd like to see some new song collections with material like this.

Was "Imagine That" on any of the VHS/DVD releases that you know of? I could swear that I've heard it before, or it could just be that I'v heard in on MC Radio so often that it's engrained in my brain now.

scarecroe

Reaction score
I'd like to show my appreciation for another Ernie song unknown to me until I just heard it on MC Radio... "When Bert's Not Here." Very cute, and by Jim.

Those classic Sesame songs that haven't been released on CD or LP... keep em coming!

little jerry

Reaction score
heres a song!

that wasen't on a cd or lp or video good bye fly

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Scott. It is neat to hear that people are continuing to hear new songs that they were not aware of before.