Meet Sesame Street's newest resident: Rudy

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It's Sesame Street's newest characters, Abby Cadabby's step-brother, a little monster named Rudy. He sounds a lot like David Rudman, but according to Shane, he's played by Frankie Cordero (great to see him get a recurring character):

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is Frankie a new guy, or is he somebody who's been in the background for a number of years and moving up in the ranks?

Either way, this is now making me curious about the dynamics of Abby's family: are her parents divorced and her mommy remarried or something? Come to think of it, I don't believe I remember her ever mentioning a daddy before. Makes you wonder. :search:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Is Frankie a new guy, or is he somebody who's been in the background for a number of years and moving up in the ranks?

Either way, this is now making me curious about the dynamics of Abby's family: are her parents divorced and her mommy remarried or something? Come to think of it, I don't believe I remember her ever mentioning a daddy before. Makes you wonder. :search:
He's been there for awhile.

And yeah, her parents are divorced. It was covered in a DTV thing (Yes, Sesame was eventually able to pull off the divorce concept.)

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Little_Children,_Big_Challenges:_Divorce

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, I admittedly never paid much attention to those Little Children, Big Challenges videos myself.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Who's the other orange monster at 0:11? Is that supposed to be someone in Abby's family or is it one of Rudy's friends?

Interesting little preview though. I got a chuckle at Oscar's comment at the end.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I assumed it must have been Rudy's dad/Abby's stepdad?