Meeting Kermit and Steve at Barnes and Noble in New York

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shortly our friends will be returning from the two appearances at 6 and 8 pm with Kermit and Steve from the New York Barnes and Noble stores. If you attended either one of these appearances be sure and post here to let us know all about the experience!

Also, if you attended the events, here are a few areas where you can help Muppet Central...

1. I'm looking for someone who was at both of the events to write a detailed editorial on them. I want this to cover everything from describing the content of the appearances to your own personal commentary on what it was like to be face-to-face with a Muppeteer in action.

2. I'm also looking for someone who will be taping the Q&A with Steve so that we can list it in it's entirety on the site if possible. That way all fans can feel like they were there and have an idea of what was discussed. We might include info on the sing-along as well.

3. We will also need hi-res pictures from the event, preferably taken with a digital camera.

If you would like to help with any of these areas, please click on my e-mail link below. Let me know what you can help with and if possible an estimate of when you can get it to me. I'd like to have all of the above by late Saturday or on Sunday if possible.

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
Just got back for the two Kermit appearances and words can not descripe it.If I had to use one word to describe it, I would say AWSOME. THANK YOU STEVE, KERMIT and HENSON COMPANY for a wonderful evening.

I got to the 6pm appearance early and got to meet a fellow Muppet Central member and his family as well as seeing his home made Rizzo puppet. Great job with the puppet. We were let in at around 5:15 or so. Steve came in a few minutes later and a few of us inside were lucky enough to chat with him, snag an autograph and take pictures. Steve is such a great guy as well as the Henson people who organized this. They go all out for their fans. At or around 5:45 or so, Sweetums came out and started to greet the fans and take photos. I really couldnt tell who was playing Sweetums, but he did a good job and was great with the fans. Thanks !!

At 6pm or so, the 1st appearance began and it was a Sing-A-Long, which later on turned into a Q&A. Sweetums warmed the crowd up as well as making a few babies cry do to his large stature and appearance:smile:.Sweetums began things by talking to the crowd and then proceeded to sing Mah Nah Ma Nah.After that, Steve and Kermit were intruduced. Steve was introduced as Kermits "friend".Kermt sand "It's Not Easy Being Green" and "Jingle Bells" and then told a Muppety version of the Night Before Christmas.Steve and Kermit also took questions from the fans. I will be able to give a blow by blow description of the questions and answers later on tonight or tomorrow after I view the videotape of it.

The 8pm was a Q&A and like I mentioned earlier, as soon as I review the tape, I will have a detailed description. One main thing discussed and covered and answered, was The New Muppet Show and New Muppet Movie.

If its all right with Phil, I can make video clips and he can post them.

If anyone attended these two appearances and took still photos with a camera and are interested in trading for the video tape, please let me know.

Til Later....

A Very Exhausted and Beat Muppet Fan :smile:

Michael

ChellisPal

Reaction score
As said already, Steve is AWESOME!!!
I think I know which guy you were, were you the one who was talking with me to Steve about the computers on Sesame?
I have some good pics from the Lincoln Center appearance, I would love to make a trade (email me).
My wife and I didnt make it to Union Square, but everything I could have hoped for came true, an autograph and pic w steve, great memories, and being mauled by Sweetums during Mahna Mahna (yup that was me), Please email me for trade, as for everyone else, I'm going to send some pics to Phil so you all can enjoy!
Please ask any questions I'll be happy to answer!

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
ChellisPal said:
great memories, and being mauled by Sweetums during Mahna Mahna (yup that was me)!
What ya mean mauled by Sweetums :smile:

Are you the one Sweetums stopped in front of and started looking down at ?

All I know is that there were quite a few kids who didnt expect to see Sweetums over at Lincoln Center.

Now all NYC needs is some type of appearance by Dave & Gonzo and Bill & Pepe and NYC's own Muppetfest will be complete :smile:

Bring Gonzo and Pepe to NYC !!!

Michael

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
ChellisPal said:
Yea he stopped at me, i was in the 3rd row
Want it funny when the kids were asking Kermit questions about Elmo and his response to them :smile:

You knew there would be Elmo questions...The best and cutest question was from that little kid who asked "Where does Elmo live". Kermits answer the "Does Elmo still drink baby milk" was real funny.

Did you enjoy the part where Kermit was asked about Rizzo and how he does a good impersonation.

Take care

Michael

Ryan

Reaction score
Nice description! Would you be intrested in trading the videotape you made tonight? I have a lot of rare things to trade!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
now I'm expecting a FULL report from both of ya!

Jaga828

Reaction score
B&N

Hey All!
Sorry that I missed the chance to meet you! I found out about today at the most extreme last minute. I missed the 6pm sing along, but was able to catch Steve run down the escalator. My girlfriend and I then flew to Union Square to catch the Q &A.
This is the first Muppet event that I have ever attended, and it was AMAZING!!! The fans are all really cool (filled the place), and everyone had a great time! My digital still took some horrible pics, even though I was in the 4th row...but hopefully my film camera will have some nicer ones when I get them developed.
I had SO much fun!! Things are still sinking in. If anyone has a video of the event, I will pay you for it! (My horrible pics won't trade for anything) I wish the Q & A had been longer, but the 45 minutes we did have was great! Steve was just phenominal. He continues Jim's legacy perfectly. Sweetums was hysterical!!!
I tried to ask about plans for a Muppetfest 2 (hopefully in New York) but Steve didn't get to me. However, Kermit did manage to receive a proposal from Muppety dressed 20 year old. He also divulged that Sesame Street is going back to doing some parodies, as done in years past. Maybe I misunderstood, but he also mentioned something about a new Muppet show deal being closed. I assume that means the deal is done and is a go? Anyone else catch that at the beginning with the Magic 8 ball?
I am so overwhelmed that I can't think straight!!!! I am so glad that I got to go, and am so jealous of all of who have been to so many other Muppet events over the years! The fan turnout really made me feel good. I hope that the Henson reps. realize that the fans are there, and need to be reached. The holiday merchandise is a great start. I thank all of you at Muppet Central for helping the Muppet fans keep up with all the latest. I hope that we can see some more TV spots soon!!
Anyway, I'm rambling and giving a so so review of the best night of my life. To everyone else who attended, I look forward to reading your more detailed reviews, and thank you for sharing an amazing night! Hopefully there will be more like it in the future!!
Be Well!!
-Chris

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
snippets of news.....must be pieced together.......

unfortunately, I don't think any muppeteer will be coming to southern Oklahoma soon.....