1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

MegaCon 2004- Palisades Booth

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Sweetums74, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Sweetums74

Sweetums74 New Member

MegaCon 2004- Palisades Booth Pics

Went to MegaCon yesterday and have pics from the Palisades Booth.
    The event was crowded- way crowded, so there wasn't a lot of room to move around. Palisades was giving away a large "golden gonzo idol" to a person who followed a map and got "stamped" at certain booths. For me, it was too crowded to do this. Adventure Kermit was sold out by 11am yesterday (glad they will be available through the club).

I apologize for the quality of the pics. All of the figs were in little cases, so I couldn't use a flash. People were also tripping over me, so I had to grab as many as I could in as little time as I could. Overall, they are amazing--- especially the Sweetums Figure. He is big. Really big. Fantastic Detail. I will even say that I think he may end up being the BEST figure of the bunch to date.

Enjoy:
    Sweetums- Full Frontal
    Sweetums- Close Up
    Sweetums- Profile
    Marvin Suggs
    Movie Usher Scooter
    Dr. Phil VanNeuter
    Jim Henson Figure- blurry, but I have a link to a better pic that another guy who attended MegaCon took.
    Scooter & Dr. Phil VanNeuter - better than the 2 above pics.

I tried to talk to the reps manning the booth, but they were getting drilled by a Transformer collector, so they were kinda concentrating on him.

They also had the Ren & Stimpy figures on display. Love these as well.

Oh- for you Lord of the Rings Fans- check this guy out.

Chris
  2. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

3. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

Nice pics, thanks for posting them.
  4. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Wow! Thanks for the pics! :D (And that guy made up like Gollum is pretty darn creepy! :eek: )
  5. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

cool pics...that's still scooter's old head, right?
  6. Sweetums74

Sweetums74 New Member

I'm pretty sure it was Scooter's old head. If it wasn't, I didn't notice.
  7. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

8. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Yes it was the old head. Trust me, you'd know of it was the new one.
  9. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

10. Sweetums74

Sweetums74 New Member

no sign of a Ghost Buster

Fozzie-- forgot to mention, I didn't see a single Ghost Buster. Not a one. First time that I've been to MegaCon and didn't see one.

There may have been one there and our paths never crossed, though.
  11. Fozzie Bear

12. Sweetums74

Sweetums74 New Member

Oh plenty of action figures. I was talking about people dressed up. In the past, I've seen 4 or 5, but this time not a single one.

You see one Storm Trooper, you've seen them all. Ghost Busters at these things have all kinds of variences in their equipment, which I think is pretty darn cool.
  13. Fozzie Bear

At the local con here in Memphis, I'm going as Ghostbuster Williams alongside by buddy Lin as Beetlejuice, and if they let us on stage we're performing "Soul Man."
  14. Dr. Bombay

Dr. Bombay Member

Holy Hansel and Gretel!! That Sweetums action figure is the coolest thing I've seen for a long time!!! Well, since I saw the pictures of the backstage playset....I'm definitely putting Sweetums on my "GIVE ME PRESENTS!" list.
  15. blancalion

blancalion New Member

new muppets

Just got back from Wizard World LA. Scooter and Suggs look pretty cool. Suggs comes with a zylaphone (sp?) of little furry things (dont know what they are called, but I remember them from TMS). The Sweetums figure is way cool. Sam looks pretty cool, pretty big. The Henson puppet figure is so great. A definate must have.
  16. tomahawk

tomahawk Member

Just got back too. The Sam was big because he was at 110 percent I believe. They were selling sets of 4 of series seven. A random Johnny for each set. these were sold out by 11 a.m. Remember the con opened at 10 a.m. And just a hint, if you see the Johnnys(they should be hitting stores in a week or so) grab them, they are going fast.
  17. shakeyboy

shakeyboy New Member

its called a muppaphone...