Member Stalking

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aaargh! There are a couple of numnuts who aren't content with just posting their spam-crud everywhere, but now I have to deal with these idiots doling out likes in rapid succession to olddish posts of mine. This is absurd... And what's worse is even if I were to mark them as "Ignore Members" they'd still click on the "Like" button at the bottom of every single post of mine. And for reasons I won't disclose here, I can't mark them as "Ignore Members". Talked to Phillip about it at the end of last month, but nothing came of it, and now the problem's rearing its ugly head again. This just burns my biscuits to no end!
:insatiable: Noone like burnt biscuits.

If this gets moved to the Moderator section or even deleted, then fine, but Phillip, please check your email as I sent you a list of people that have to be permanently banned because I can't do it myself.
*Thunks head against desk.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I've had a few bouts of like-spamming lately. I'll look in, see I have oodles of messages, and then see that someone has apparently gone back and "liked" everything I've posted in the last year. Huh??

/me puts a pillow on The Count's desk to soften the thunk.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Aaargh! There are a couple of numnuts who aren't content with just posting their spam-crud everywhere, but now I have to deal with these idiots doling out likes in rapid succession to olddish posts of mine. This is absurd... And what's worse is even if I were to mark them as "Ignore Members" they'd still click on the "Like" button at the bottom of every single post of mine. And for reasons I won't disclose here, I can't mark them as "Ignore Members". Talked to Phillip about it at the end of last month, but nothing came of it, and now the problem's rearing its ugly head again. This just burns my biscuits to no end!
:insatiable: Noone like burnt biscuits.

If this gets moved to the Moderator section or even deleted, then fine, but Phillip, please check your email as I sent you a list of people that have to be permanently banned because I can't do it myself.
*Thunks head against desk.
Wow Well I hope it's not a long list of folks, but then again if they continue to do these thing then maybe they should be gone. I like the like button, but sometime I wonder if people are just hitting it to have there name on my posts.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The list of people who need to be banned which I can't do myself at the moment is about eight... But there are two in particular who tag team with each other, who became notorious as spambots when spam-bombing every single thread in the fanfic section earlier this summer.

And if they're clicking the "Like" button just to see their names on your posts, more reason for why they should be banned and all associated activity simultaneously deleted by the forum administrator. :grr:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The list of people who need to be banned which I can't do myself at the moment is about eight... But there are two in particular who tag team with each other, who became notorious as spambots when spam-bombing every single thread in the fanfic section earlier this summer.

And if they're clicking the "Like" button just to see their names on your posts, more reason for why they should be banned and all associated activity simultaneously deleted by the forum administrator. :grr:
Your not getting burned out are you Ed? I know with this and all the other crazy spam stuff going on, has to be a lot of work. Are you doing ok?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, was able to get rid of a mess of spammers a couple of hours ago since my connection came back after spending all night and morning in a state of frustrating slowness.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I get a TON of likes from the same person as well (by "same person", I mean one person who keeps liking my posts, not the exact person that Ed is having problems with, as I don't know who Ed is talking about), and yes, some of these posts are rather old as well. But, truth be told, this person in particular, I actually have no problems with, because she's done nothing that bothers or irritates me.

Really, there's only three members in particular whom I have issues with, two of which, like Ed mentioned, seem to tag team when it comes to posting pointless crap in various different threads, the third is actually a relatively new member who somehow ended up part of their little entourage, so that amps up the tag teaming whenever one or more of them post something in a thread, then the rest start jumping in and hijacking the thread with their own little side conversations... like I said in the other thread, the hug thread has become a really big victim of this:

MEMBER #1: Can I have a hug? I feel sorry for myself today.
MEMBER #2: Sure! Hug! Now, will you hug me too? I feel bad too.
MEMBER #1: Here's a hug for you, now can I have another hug?
MEMBER #2: Okay, but will you hug me back?
MEMBER #1: Yes, and how about another hug for me because I got up this morning?
MEMBER #2: You got it, but I need a hug too because the wind is blowing.
MEMBER #3: Hey you guys, don't forget about me, I need a hug too!
EITHER MEMBER: Hugs for you if you'll hug me too!

Admittedly, looking at some of the activity on MC as of late, one of these three members seems to have toned down his/her behavior, I don't see very many posts from this person much anymore (though he/she STILL has this rather odd quirk that's shared with a particular Muppet that many aren't too particularly fond of), but the other two haven't seem to have gotten the idea still.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I have tried to befriend some of the people I think your talking about, and hopefully I can help tone down some of this stuff.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I seem to be getting all my posts liked as well, and I'm still unsure whether they liked what I said, or are just doing it to see their names on there.

I'm actually unsure to whether or not I'm one of the spambots that D'Snowth is talking about... :embarrassed:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I seem to be getting all my posts liked as well, and I'm still unsure whether they liked what I said, or are just doing it to see their names on there.
It could be a little of both: we all were remarking about how using the Like feature should eliminate the one or two word replies like, "Yeah", "Me too", "Same here", etc. But at the same time, again, as I mentioned in the other thread, one said member has actually confessed the reason he/she posts so much, even when his/her posts don't really add to the discussion, is simply because he/she likes seeing his/her name on the forum index, on the grounds that it shows he/she "contributes" to the forum.
I'm actually unsure to whether or not I'm one of the spambots that D'Snowth is talking about... :embarrassed:
Not at all man, we're cool! :cool:

Though, I think for the sake of clarity, it should be pointed out that "spambot" is being taken a little out of context lately... I think it's clear the members in question are not automated computers/machines programmed by shifty people in Russia, China, Bangladesh, or any of those countries to register accounts on forums and post phishy links everywhere (though MC HAS had a problem with those lately as well).