1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Membership has it's privileges

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ResidentLilly, Jul 5, 2002.

1. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

Hey, I have been paying very close attention to the membership number of the forum. Only 7 more to go to hit the magic 500th member! I think that is really cool, to see how the membership has grown every single day.

Phillip...how are you handling all the extra traffic? Have you had to make any adjustments to your site or have you had any problems with dealing with the new traffic?

Ken
  2. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

how many of all these members are really active? I mean, some people just register to ask one or two questions, like "who are the grumpy old men on the balkony?" :D :p ;)

/Anders
  3. Foreignman

Foreignman New Member

Okay, heres how it all breaks down:
    0 Posts-102 members
    1 Post-94 members
    2 posts-32 members
    3 posts-24 members
    4 posts-20 members
    5 posts-21 members
    6 posts-7 members
    7 posts-10 members
    8 posts-2 members
    9 posts-7 members
    10 posts-19 posts-46 members
    20 posts-29 posts-23 members
    30 posts-39 posts-14 members
    40 posts-49 posts-10 members
    50 posts-59 posts-6 members
    60 posts-69 posts-5 members
    70 posts-79 posts-4 members
    80 posts-89 posts-3 members
    90 posts-99 posts-2 members
    100 posts-125 posts-4 members
    126 posts-150 posts-2 members
    151 posts-175 posts-5 members
    176 posts-200 posts-0 members
    201 posts-300 posts-6 members
    301 posts-400 posts-2 members
    401 posts-500 posts-4 members
    501 posts-600 posts-1 member
    601 posts-700 posts-1 member
    701 posts-800 posts-1 member

I think I made a couple of mistakes when putting the numbers together, but this is pretty close to acurate.
  4. ResidentLilly

4 more to go to hit the magic 500!
  5. Foreignman

Foreignman New Member

The countdown has commenced, and we only have 3 members to go, YAYYYYY!!!
  6. ResidentLilly

Two more to go...will it hit 500 today? I almost want to join again so I can be number 500!
  7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

HIYA!

I think this just proves that the Muppet Family is alive and strong, huh? Wonder what will happen when ALL the Muppet Fans find this site??

When that happens, Ken, you're going to have a HECKUVA time answering questions then.

I remember when I first found the website. I thought it was the most amazing thing! Karen Prell and Jerry Nelson were posting back then, and that was AMAZING to me. When I saw Karen Prell's sig in the old forum, I asked if it was the REAL one, and everyone assured me it was. I was so stunned, I didn't know what to type.

Anyhow, I think that the peoples around MC are some of the finest folks on the planet, and I kinda have a special place in my heart for all the folks here. Strange, no better than we all know one another, we're all one big family.

Guess Jim's mission has been answered, huh?

For the most part anyhoo.
    F:DZ
  8. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

When i first found muppetcentral, i was really shocked that there were more than me that was so into the muppets. I guess that is what happens when you have no one to talk to about the muppets. But there are more fans out there than you might think. The muppet society is really huge.

I never saw karens or Jerrys posts, I wish i had. I have seen Steve W post on the usenet tho :)

Google has a pretty huge archive of usenet, just go in there and search :)

Foz, I totally agree with you, that muppetcentral is one big family. I remember on the old board someone asked if you could describe what the muppets were all about in one word, and someone said friendship. I have never been treated better anywhere else.

Big Hugz to all of ya!

/Anders
  9. towels

towels New Member

Karen actually just posted a couple of days ago...
    I think there was a Fraggle Rock DVD discussion on the merchandise board.
  10. Foreignman

Foreignman New Member

1 more member too go, and the KABLOOOEYYYYY!!!!!!! In what ways are we going to terrorize the 500th member!?!
  11. matleo

matleo Active Member

We could start by asking what took them so long. but that would be rude...fun, but rude. hehehe.

--Matt
  12. Foreignman

Foreignman New Member

WE HAVE OUR 500th MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome Fragile Rock, you are the magical 500th member, congragulations you unsespecting fool!!!!!
  13. matleo

matleo Active Member

Fragile Rock

What took you so long?? Just kidding. Welcome to the forum. Always good to have another fan on board.

--Matt

PS--you guys didn't realy think I wasn't going to, did you? ;)
  14. ResidentLilly

I don't know what's cooler...being the 500th member or having the FREAKIN COOLEST NAME EVER.

That was clever beyond clever.
  15. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Yay, 500!!!!!

I was number 100

- Billy :cool:
  16. Foreignman

Foreignman New Member

Hey, not only did we get our 500th member today, but look at the amount of threads, today we broke 1000!:D
  17. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Welcome Fragile Rock!!!

That is a COOL MONICKER!!

Made me laugh.

Welcome home to the Central.

FOZ
  18. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I agree that's a very cool name!

...but my vote for Coolest Name Ever (so far) is Popover Froggie!