Merchandise featuring the SST humans

CherryPizza

Reaction score
It's fairly widely acknowledged that the Fisher Price Little People characters are the only pieces of Sesame merchandise to be based on the human characters.

While it's true that these are most likely the only items that will allow you to hold a Gordon/Susan/Mr Hooper in your hands (with very thin likenesses, if we're going to be honest), over the years I have encountered occasional items which do feature/depict/acknowledge these folks in one way or another.

One example that stands out the most is the 1977 Playskool 'Sesame Street Neighbourhood'. The best pic of it that I've been able to find online would be here. The buildings depict Gordon, Susan, Mr Hooper, David, Maria, Bob and Luis. This is probably my favourite Sesame item in my collection, not just because of the human/Muppet mix, but also because of the way that retired, classic and core Muppets are featured, in a far cry from today's Elmo-centric products.

So, can you think of any product that you hold dear, remember from your childhood or desire today that represents these fine folk? It could be one of the many books or albums which have included them, or maybe an obscure toy that we could only dream existed.

Post away...

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Nice! That playset is pretty cool. It does seem kinda rare to really see the human characters on Sesame Street represented in toys and products in general. The Fisher Price Little People are probably about as close as we'll come. Though if the Sesame Street action figure line that was proposed at one time ever had come through, there's tons of great Muppets that could've been made and I certainly would've welcomed action figures of the human cast too. I mean, just think of having a Bob, Gordon, Susan, Maria, Luis, David or Mr. Hooper action figure! lol- that'd be neat.:smile:

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Though if the Sesame Street action figure line that was proposed at one time ever had come through... I certainly would've welcomed action figures of the human cast too.
Would be great, but sadly would be a pipe dream.

Too many memories of people having ideas for the Muppet line featuring the guest stars/human characters from the movies, and Ken Lilly making it clear that that couldn't happen because of rights issues.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't know if this should count, but I think there was a Mr. Noodle toy made as part of some kind of Elmo's World set.

I don't know how difficult it would be to negotiate likenesses for the human characters, but I wonder if they would be a huge seller with today's kids. Toys of the humans would probably be best sold in a collectors line of figures.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Here's this.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
They've also been featured in lots of books over the years, and usually on the copyright page, there was a note claiming: "On Sesame Street, (human's name) is played by (actor's/actress' name)".

Last edited:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
They've also been featured in lots of books over the years, and usually on the copyright page, there was a note claiming: "On Sesame Street, (human's name) is played by (actor's/actress' name)".
I LOVE your profile picture! :smile::wisdom::stick_out_tongue::frown::super::batty::insatiable:
Can you tell me what it's from?