Merchandise question: Disney 20in. Kermit w/ light-up fire flies

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Guys can you tell me about this peice. I saw a picture of it on someone's website. The whole peice is 20 inches tall. It has a Kermit sitting on a log (that looks like it's on water), playing a banjo. There is a dragonfly on the head of the banjo, with two light-up fireflies behind him. Made by Disney.

Can you please tell me when it was made, how rare, and what the retail on it was? Thanks guys.

Kevin

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
It's from a couple of years ago and was part of their continuing "Big Statue" line of characters. Kermit was also flocked, so he was fuzzy. I believe he sold for $150. I never got one, as nice as it was. I opted for the Master Replicas Kermit instead.

:stick_out_tongue:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
well I own both Disney Big Figure Kermit and Master Replicas Kermit there both nice. Big Fig Kermit I bought at Disneyland and he was around $160 and is VERY heavy! made of hard resin and it plays "Rainbow" when u twist the little key that looks like part of the log on the back and the fire flies light up as well...its NOT rare cause I was just at Disney Word in florida and seen it there. I belive it was made in 2006.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
...Disney Big Figure Kermit...
Yes, "Big Figure" is the term for this series, not "Big Statue" as I stated above. I actually knew it wasn't "Big Statue", but was too lazy to research the correct name. And it turns out I didn't need to, because here's the real name anyway!

:stick_out_tongue:

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
you rock guys, please don't tell me that his hand also strums too! lol thanks for the info.

KK

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
LOL I know, but that would've been cool. I can't believe these are still readily available from many online distributors. Shame we couldn't gank the banjo for our MR frogs. It is a really nice peice and am really looking forward to having one of these. I may just have a Kermit in every room!
kevin

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Frog on a log

I have one too - My bugs fall off all of the time. Ordered mine from WWW on 5th ave in NYC. He sits in my office at work. I still don't know how to clean hime so I use a feather duster when possible. The dragonfly is nice too.:smile:

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
I would think lightly using a roller on him would be best? Ya know the sticky roller for getting lint off of a dress shirt?

How does the music box inside sound?

Kevin

PhiNuBlue

Reaction score
I don't have one, but I would think those swiffer dusters would work well. We use them at home and they like attract the dust or something. Totally works better then a regular duster. I also agree a lint roller might work.