Message for Dr. tooth

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Hi Dr Tooth,

That scene you mentioned about Kermit and Oscar talking about PBS was actually in "Put Down the Duckie: An All-star musical specail" from 1988. I forgot all about that one. What happened in that scene? Did Kermit knock on Oscar's can?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by MIKEB97

That scene you mentioned about Kermit and Oscar talking about PBS was actually in "Put Down the Duckie: An All-star musical specail" from 1988. I forgot all about that one. What happened in that scene? Did Kermit knock on Oscar's can?
Yes! I can bearly remember it, even though I saw it last month a few times.

Kermit is on the street, talking to Oscar (maybe he does bang on his can, got to check that out.) and asking what his favorite things about PBS were. He first mentions great drama and plays. Oscar replys, "You mean, plays and theater that I can watch in the comfort of my own home, with my legs on a pillow in an easy chair. I'd rather stand outside in the rain waiting, pay a fortune to se something really rotten." Kermit then explines they have classic movies in origina B&W and no commercials. Oscar says, "Nah! I like the colorized versions with lots and lots of interruptions!" Kermit asks, "How about news? MacNiel Lerher? (etc." Oscar replys, "Not my cup of mud!"

Kermit says, "We now return you to our bank of phones ready to take your donations." Oscar says, "Wait! You mean, when they interrupt the program at the best part, and all the while some guy is begging you to send money and all these phones are ringing so loud that you can't here him anyway, and you just want them to get back to the program? HEAVEN!!!!"

Then, after the Break, Oscar says that they've returned and the phones are over, "But I taped that part anyewway! Now I can watch it whenever I want!"

Hope this helps, even though these aren't exact quotes!