Messenger Problems *please take a peak*

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I'm just as big of a fan of technology as the next person, however, sometimes, technology can be intrusive. I'm not saying the spyware, but I've encountered another problem, messanger contacting. I'm generally not allowed to chat with MC'ers on my messanger, but I have made exceptions in the past....sometimes people just need to talk, and I understand that, I am willing to help fellow MC'ers, that was the only reason I kept my messanger name available. But I'm sorry to say, that it seems that our perfect little world might be under slight attack. Three times in two days, I have been contacted by (older men, it seemed) who told me that I was on their messanger list. They continued asking about how old I was (I didn't answer, I KNOW my online safety rules!) then started saying some things that weren't so pleasant, and when I said I must go and was just about to block them, they said something to the effect of I love Muppet Central. The first two times (yesterday) I asked them what their username was, they claimed they didn't have one. Today, I just blocked them.

What I was wondering, what sort of security features do I actually have? (I run Yahoo BETA) and maybe send people a wonder that maybe they should keep their messaging identity from being displayed on their user lookup. Share your username once you've written back and forth to the person, see what I'm saying...anyway, it's shaken me up a little, and I hate for MC to be used for this kind of use.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Oh, wow, that's awful. :sympathy: I've never really had that problem; I guess I've been lucky. Good thing you know how to protect yourself from creeps like that. It definitely is a shame if people are using MC for such illicit purposes.
Erin

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sarah,

Please e-mail me whatever information you have on them and I will do whatever I can to help.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Oh, no, Sarah. I hope everything's okay now. Let me know if I can help you at all, please? You shouldn't have to deal with that.

Ernie101

Reaction score
I am very sorry, and I would like to know whats going on here as well.. I have two theorys..

Either it is a troll simply browsing to pick upon people.. or it is another member who got your name and is messing with you in a non-humorous way.If thats the case then thats really sad.. We cant let things like this happen and drag the board down.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Just for the record, it is NOT me doing that as a trick like I did with King Agrippa.

Bea:zany:{And, Sarah, I hope you get it sorted soonest}regard