Mew appreciation thread

P

Princeton

I'm a bit afraid to bring this up because it seems that y'all don't really like The Christmas Toy that much :embarrassed:, but here goes: Mew is SO awesome! Everytime I watch TCT and Mew says something, I just crack up. I heard that in Secret Life of Toys he has a different voice; I can't imagine a better voice for him than what Steve did. And I love his verse in the Meteora song; who would think that little Mew would have a crush on her?

CarburetorJane

Reaction score
I dont think he had a crush, so much as he was afraid she would crush him. So he sang the song with Rugby to get her back in the box... But Mew is so awesome, not to mention his performer. I have an name elsewhere that is "Mewjiora". Mew- for Mew, obviously. Ji - for Oujia (as in a Oujia board,, of course. My friend and I watched A Christmas Toy and fooled around with the board the night before making the name up for me.) and Ora - for the last part of Meteora.

CarburetorJane

Reaction score
Acutally, Mew did have a crush on Meteora. Sorry! I just didn't remember it. He kissed the box, how cute! And Oujia was the name of the family cat too, so..yeah

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Any wired(I mean that in a good way) character Steve performs is cute. Notice how most of his characters are(Mew,Wembley) are always nervous. Mew was a cute little mouse,he was.

P

Princeton

Does anyone know if they ever released any merchandise based on TCT or Secret Life of Toys?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Outside of videos for The Christmas Toy and two compilations of Secret Life of Toys episodes, I'm not aware of any other merchandise unfortunately.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Princeton said:
I'm a bit afraid to bring this up because it seems that y'all don't really like The Christmas Toy that much :embarrassed:, but here goes: Mew is SO awesome! Everytime I watch TCT and Mew says something, I just crack up. I heard that in Secret Life of Toys he has a different voice; I can't imagine a better voice for him than what Steve did. And I love his verse in the Meteora song; who would think that little Mew would have a crush on her?
Is it just me, or are Tutter and Mew very much alike? Certainly in look.

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Is it just me, or are Tutter and Mew very much alike? Certainly in look.
yeh i thought that the first time I saw it.
And yes, mew is funny!

muppetsforever

Reaction score
I love Mew! In fact, I can remember when TCT was shown on TV with out commercial inturptions, sponcered by Kraft Foods! I recorded this show 10 mins before the start and 10 mins after it ended, just incase the VCR screwed up somehow. I treausred that litle recording i had.....

.... until someone recorded OVER that tape with LIttle Orfane Anne! I was ticked off. I could see the first 5 mins of TCT and then........that little red-headed...girl.

So, yeah, i was a little obsesed with that movie :wink:

But today i do have the movie on cassette ( i saw it in a local drugstore and snatched it up! )

:stick_out_tongue: