1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

MFS widescreen DVD trade

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by antsamthompson9, Dec 4, 2012.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I've been looking everywhere for the widescreen DVD of Muppets from Space, but I've had no luck. So would anyone who has one like to make a trade with me for it? Thank you. BTW, it has to play in a region 1 DVD player.
  2. antsamthompson9

I promise to give you anything you want for it.
  3. antsamthompson9

4. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

It's possible no one has it, or cares to trade it.

Now, actually, the real reason I'm posting here is because I want to know what makes this release of the DVD so rare and sought after...

I found my copy THREE years ago in the bargain bin at a grocery store. They had a bunch of copies of both this release and the 2005 release. I only got this one because I thought the green moon was ugly...

So...it confuses me why no one is able to find this dvd, even online :/
  5. antsamthompson9

Look, does anyone want the Blu-ray? I'll trade it with you for the original widescreen DVD.
  6. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

7. antsamthompson9

8. antsamthompson9

And it wasn't! Yay!!
  9. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

I've been meaning to ask you guys something, relating to this. - Is the Muppets from Space Blu-Ray in widescreen? There's nothing on the packaging that tells me if it is or not.
    BobThePizzaBoy likes this.
  10. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I don't own the Blu-ray, but it seems to be. From what I've heard though, the DVD included in this combo pack is the same full-screen-only DVD that's been going around for years.
    SuperGzilla12 likes this.
  11. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

That doesn't surprise me at all, really. If the Blu-Ray is indeed in widescreen, I'll pick it up. It is really cheap, after all.
  12. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I got the "Muppets From Space" 2005 DVD at Target a while back for its typical $5 price. Though it was with a gift card I won, so it was basically a free dvd. I would've also gotten the MTM dvd, but it was out of stock or something at the time, and I still don't have it yet. I don't see why the 1999 DVD is nowhere to be found in stores, of the DVDs I have MFS is 1 of the only 2 fullscreen DVDs I have. I seriously don't understand why they made the 2005 reprint whatsoever. Why would you make a widescreen and fullscreen DVD of the the film, and then 6 years later release it with NO new special features, and ONLY in fullscreen, I don't understand. Also it has a green background vs. the original black background which looks MUCH more space-like, and attractive, not to say I don't like the green cover, but I just prefer the black one. I was even considering not even upgrading from a VHS to a DVD. Look at the logic, I only buy DVDs for bonuses and upgrading. The only thing that made me buy the DVD was the really cool commentary making it worth my 5 bucks. Heck, I didn't even buy the Blu-Ray, because there's really nothing new. In all, I think for the 2005 reprint they should have just kept the black background and added a few deleted scenes and maybe behind the scenes featurette, and muppet fans would be attracted to it like flies to honey, and the same goes for the Blu-Ray. Oh well, I still love my reprint DVD.