MIA: Hubert

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I don't know if we've ever had or had to have a thread like this before.

Anyone's who been here for at least a year, would obviously know Hubert, one of the greatest MC members to ever step through that digital door.
Hubert was famous for creating all of the awesome wackiness that went on around here during the past year when he was here. He created the N-HAS, co-created the Muppet Central Wiki, and ran the 'Dynamite Determination: A Muppet Blog' for several months.

Recently, Hubert's taken a bit of a step back, to get a break. He told me about it as he decided he was going away for a while, and promised it would not be the last time. He would appear several times before completely disappearing from the forum completely.
He said that he would be taking a break, but that was six months ago. I'm was just getting a little concerned on Hubert's status. :concern:

If anyone's spoken to Hubert in the past days, weeks, or months, please let me know via PM. I just want to know he's doing OK, and if you speak to him, tell him to pop in here and stop getting me worried.
Like most of you here, Hubert is one of those online people who I became really close with over my time here. I'm sad to not see him around the forum anymore.

Hubert, if you're reading this, COME BACK! We miss ya here. :big_grin:

-Mitchell

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That's really sweet, I have spoken to Herbert a few times, and he has always been nice to me. I do hope he comes back, I hate losing any members, even if it is for a break

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed he hasn't been around here lately, I hope he's all right and just busy in his personal life.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know if we've ever had or had to have a thread like this before.
In the old days, yes, we did; I think even I, at one point, got one when I took a sabbatical from MC years ago... we kind of stopped doing them, because eventually, the member in question would return, and the thread would be a source of embarrassment for said missing member.

But as for Hubert, yes, even those at his ARTHUR forum have been asking about him for quite sometime.

Then again, I've noticed with a lot of forums anymore, and MC is no exception, there will be certain members who will join, post regularly for a brief period of time, then disappear never to be heard from again... not sure if Hubert is one of them or not, but MC's had a number of members like that when I think about it - like, whatever happened to Double G, Pinky, and Vincent, to name a few?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I think Pinkflower posted a couple months ago that she was going to have a baby, so that could explain her being MIA from the forums.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Yup. Pinky has posted she was pregnant and was going to have a baby in the coming weeks to explain her next few month absence from the forum.

Although they're missing, I still see Pinky and Vincent still posting outside the forum, but I had no contact with Hubert in the past few months.
His MC profile has been empty, he hasn't used his Wikia username in months, and the Twitter feed he used to run is strangely inactive.
Since I had no contact with Hubert himself in the past few months, I put out this message, to know if anyone knew where he is these days. I don't need to know any personal details, I just wanted someone to tell me he's still around.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It can be frustrating when some people vanish without a trace. I miss Hubert, too, just like past MC'ers like Ziffel and Vic Romano. Hopefully he'll be back before too long.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't remember what happened to Ziffel, but it seems like it involved some kind of personal issues with another member, I can't remember...

But I do know Dave's still around, he's been sharing some really awesome art on deviantART, I think he's in the same boat of some "old timers" that MC became too "high school" with drama and such, and just stopped visiting.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't remember what happened to Ziffel, but it seems like it involved some kind of personal issues with another member, I can't remember...

But I do know Dave's still around, he's been sharing some really awesome art on deviantART, I think he's in the same boat of some "old timers" that MC became too "high school" with drama and such, and just stopped visiting.
I can understand that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They're starting to ask about him over at his Arthur forum again; he hasn't been active there at all in about a year.